• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] EVO V 4G Stock ROM Deodex/Odex

Not sure where else to ask...

I don't have ready access to a PC at the moment, so I'm HTC-unlock but S-On. My nandroid failed me. Either I didn't backup properly or the file is bad. I'm needing to flash back to stock. These would be perfect but they have the stock kernel in them so I can't flash via TWRP, nor CWM if I had that instead.

Can you either tell or point to a thread that explains how to remove the kernel to get a flashable zip or just do the magic for me?

Upvote 0
Noooooooooo Ibeen waiting all day to root my evo and now this happens is this odex detrimental in order for me to root my phone or what other replacement could I use I have rooted my warp and this is only my second time doing this so I am cautious as to what I need to do as I was following sanman1185 instructions on how to root my evo v can somebody please let me know can I still root, and not brick my phone?

Upvote 0
Trying to go back to this rom and I get stuck in a boot loop. I can do other roms, no problem. I am rooted (of course) and S-off. Also have done the turn your phone into a HTC Evo trick. Any help is greatly appreciated, I need to be able to access the update my profile.

You can't use this Rom if you downgraded hboot. Flash this Rom then flash another kernel

Reactions: Miloispunk
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones