• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Glorious Overdose V3.3 [Updated on September 3RD, 2012]

Is this ROM good?

• It's good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm not knocking you in particular friend... I'm asking why the whole scene does what it does instead of what the Mfg OTA's do. Thanks for all your work (I greatly value it as well as your opinion on our discussion), and no, I can't do better :p

Anyway...

What are your settings for v6? I just tried it and it lags my phone in to slow-mo on both mode 4 (Super Unleaded 256) and mode 5 (Unleaded 512). I just unsupercharged and it is running fast again.

Upvote 0
maybe it is mumbo jumbo, but I've had erased RAGE, and flashed GOV303 and it felt like a new flash except it looked like RAGE still.

Oh, now I get it... This is usually because you didn't check your mounts! That is the unique SK4G bug... it will "install" a ROM to an unmounted system, and thereby not do anything.

...so ok, since doing it twice seems to get around the issue of not-checking your mounts, it does make sense to recommend it to users (kinda). I stand corrected!

Just realize that the first time you try to install the ROM, it is doing nothing, then when it is done it mounts system, then when you do it a second time, it actually installs the ROM. You could still stick with doing it once if you just make sure system is mounted before you do it.

Upvote 0
GOV3.1 changelog..

1. Adding no check in tweak to build.prop
2. Removing LauncherPro
3. Using Zeam as default launcher
4. Removing Gingerbread MTM keyboard
5. Using Ice Cream Sandwich free keyboard

I will 4 editions in total. Launcher pro with swype and without, zeam with swype and without. They will all be updated with the tweaks to the keyboard and system respectively only changing the default launcher.

Side notes : Dont forget to flash Blaze 4G Modem and reboot.

Use Tegrak Overclock for additional speed

Use Tegrak Overclock to undervolt to min 200mhz, max 800mhz for a balence between battery life and system performance

Regardless of what launcher you use, zeam or launcherpro, be sure to disable animations for additional speed, less RAM usage, and better battery.

Coming Saturday morning, August 11th, 2012.

Reactions: sdkinit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones