• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] - gROM 2.2 - 10/16 - GB - With Flash - Yes, FLASH!

Freshly Released!

Changes in 1.2 - 10/2
Fixed: GB Keyboard Dictionary
Tweak: Minor performance and battery tweaks
Updated: Google Maps 5.10.1
Updated: WiFi Tether to 3.1B6
Added: CRT Off Animation
Added: Car Home App

Features
Ad Blocking, ES File Explorer, Quick Reboot, WiFi Tether, DSP manager, Evo 3D Ringtones / Alarms / Alerts, Dalvik Cache tweak for +50MB's of internal storage.
All Google Apps up tp date as of 10/02
Removed Sprint bloatware!
To Over Clock you will need: GingerKernel v04 (OC) - [KERNEL][GB/CM7] GingerKernel v04 (OC) - Android Forums and an overclocking app such as SetCPU, etc. With only brief testing I feel this kernel is compatible with the ROM. Always make a Nandroid backup before flashing any add on!

gROM_1.2.png

Enjoy!

-Scott

Please hit Thanks if you enjoy this offering!

Upvote 0
Are the following Sprint/LG apps built-into this ROM?
1) SprintTV (This is critical for me.)
2) Voicemail. (I assume this is in there.)
3) News & Weather (Dont' care much.)

If these apps aren't built-in, how would I add them?

Are the following stock Google/Android apps built-into this ROM?
Browser
Calculator
Calendar
Camcorder
Camera
Clock
Contacts
Email
Gallery
Gmail
Market
Messaging
Music
Phone
Voice Search (and tied to Voice Search button on the phone).

Upvote 0
Are the following Sprint/LG apps built-into this ROM?
1) SprintTV (This is critical for me.)
2) Voicemail. (I assume this is in there.)
3) News & Weather (Dont' care much.)

Are the following stock Google/Android apps built-into this ROM?
Browser
Calculator
Calendar
Camcorder
Camera
Clock
Contacts
Email
Gallery
Gmail
Market
Messaging
Music
Phone
Voice Search (and tied to Voice Search button on the phone).

So any word if all of these stock apps are there???

Upvote 0
This thread is highly outdated.
This is the original post by the creator of the rom
[ROM] - gROM 2.1 - 10/8 - GB - OC'ed - Infinite Possibilities - Android Forums

As for your questions.
The author removed all Sprint apps and bloatware. Apps can be downloaded separately. There is a thread somewhere that points to the zip with all of the apk's.

The rom includes all Google stock apps mentioned, plus a few extras as described in the original thread.

Im currently running the latest g-rom (2.1) and it works great. My only complaint is the keyboard sensitivity, which seems to be fixing itself over time.

Reactions: RazzMaTazz
Upvote 0
So any word if all of these stock apps are there???

This thread is highly outdated.
This is the original post by the creator of the rom
[ROM] - gROM 2.1 - 10/8 - GB - OC'ed - Infinite Possibilities - Android Forums

As for your questions.
The author removed all Sprint apps and bloatware. Apps can be downloaded separately. There is a thread somewhere that points to the zip with all of the apk's.

The rom includes all Google stock apps mentioned, plus a few extras as described in the original thread.

Im currently running the latest g-rom (2.1) and it works great. My only complaint is the keyboard sensitivity, which seems to be fixing itself over time.
Sorry guys, its hard to keep up at times!

I got a new version out as well... You might like it... Its very FLASHY

Upvote 0
So, I've been rooted. Been running Reborn ROM.

Finally convince the wife to let me switch ROMs.

Did my wipes, resets, and flashed ROM. Now when booted, have no mobile signal.

Contacted Sprint, they couldn't reset by phone. I seem to recall having a similar issue a while back with my Evo. Took it to a Sprint store and I was reset within 2 minutes.

Anybody know, is there a "process" I need to request from Sprint that makes a reset simple by phone? Or, am I stuck taking my phone in?

G

Upvote 0
I have a ROOTED Optimus S with ZVH radio base band.
I loaded optiROM 1.1 and is working for voice BUT my data speed has gone to 1xRTT land and it does not come back to 3G.

I am getting an average of 140kbps dowload speeds. I am sitting less than 500m from a tower with clear LoS to the tower. If the phone had 10 bars, they would be lit up. I am getting something like -40dBM signal. So there is no coverage issue. Other devices, on stock Sprint stock ROMs are downloading @ 1.5-2.0mbps at the same location.

I loaded the GingerKernel v08.1, NOW....

I want to load gROM2.2 on this phone to see if I get my 3G back.

I tried following these instructions found at androidcentral.com

1. Copied rom to root of the sdcard (ranamed gROM2.2.zip to update.zip)
2. Rebooted into recovery
3. Wiped/Factory Reset (Including cache and davlick cache)
4. Chose to install update.zip from sdcard
5. It starts, then blows up and gives me an (unknown error 0) - Could not open /mnt/sdcard/update.zip

I also tried, installing zip file from sd card and selecting the actual update.zip and no dice.

Please help me get gROM on my LG Optimus S and get my 3G speeds back.

Upvote 0
I loaded optiROM 1.1 and is working for voice BUT my data speed has gone to 1xRTT land and it does not come back to 3G.

I am getting an average of 140kbps dowload speeds. I am sitting less than 500m from a tower with clear LoS to the tower. If the phone had 10 bars, they would be lit up. I am getting something like -40dBM signal. So there is no coverage issue. Other devices, on stock Sprint stock ROMs are downloading @ 1.5-2.0mbps at the same location.

5. It starts, then blows up and gives me an (unknown error 0) - Could not open /mnt/sdcard/update.zip

I also tried, installing zip file from sd card and selecting the actual update.zip and no dice.

delete the current file and download it again.......when you get to the boot screen, disable signature verification and script asserts, then run it. I had the same issue and doing these steps worked like a charm

Upvote 0

You might try "Install zip from sd card" instead of update.zip from sd card.
At step 3 choose the forementioned.
At next screen turn off signature verification first.
Then, choose the zip file you transferred to your sd card. It does not have to be named "update.zip"
Follow the prompts and your golden.
I'm using the Xionia custom recovery built of clockworkmod. If you don't have it, try it.
Flash worked perfectly, everything works, 3g and all.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Thanks Scott for all your work. ROM works great on my Optimus. Only thing is phone icon on sticky does not go to phone. It pulls up the contact list. I personally like to have the phone icon go to the phone and set a link on my home screen to my contacts. Any way to set it back to go to phone. (sorry, somewhat of a newbie to modding phones. 18 yr vet of computer service and repair, so I do understand most of what's here...hehe) Thanks again for your hard work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones