• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Liquid Gingerbread v. 2.1 (6/22/2011)

There is always time for one last flash for the broken down old girl.

So, they don't tell you which phone they're sending as a replacement?

I'm sure they would have but when I called I was greeted by a message that said if I made the claim online that I'd get free next day delivery. As I didn't get a chance to speak to a rep, I have no idea. After thinking about it, I don't know what I'm getting (seems most people are getting D2s, even heard of some getting DInc2s, but I doubt I would), if it'll be a new phone or refurb, or if the phone I get craps out, or if there's a warranty on whatever they send me. I'm sure that'll all be in the paperwork, though.

I will say this, though, it was an incredibly easy experience to make the claim online. Took less than 10 mins, and was very straightforward.

Upvote 0
As an update, I got my insurance replacement, and was quite surprised to find another OG Droid. Seems like it's new, but I have no idea.

So anyway, here I am back to doing what I know best, flashing ROMs on my OG. And the first order of business is seeing just what this new Droid is capable of. First order of business, flash LGB 2.1. I'll let you'se know what I think.

Upvote 0
I keep trying every new Liquid GB rom version when it comes out, but they just don't work well on my Droid. The stock kernel (an LV variety) kept the phone boot looping, so I loaded a Chevy MV rom and it finally booted. After a while it started to lag horribly. I thought it might be Launcher Pro Plus, but after trying another launcher it turned out not to be the case. I was glad because I like using LPP (especially after buying it)! It also seemed to exacerbate the known Android WiFi dropping issue.

The LIQGIN roms are absolutely awesome, but my phone doesn't like them as much as I do. I always have great hope that each new version will fix whatever issue my phone has, but alas no. But I will keep trying!

Thanks to the developer. If I knew his/her name I would make the thanks more personal.

Upvote 0
I keep trying every new Liquid GB rom version when it comes out, but they just don't work well on my Droid. The stock kernel (an LV variety) kept the phone boot looping, so I loaded a Chevy MV rom and it finally booted. After a while it started to lag horribly. I thought it might be Launcher Pro Plus, but after trying another launcher it turned out not to be the case. I was glad because I like using LPP (especially after buying it)! It also seemed to exacerbate the known Android WiFi dropping issue.

The LIQGIN roms are absolutely awesome, but my phone doesn't like them as much as I do. I always have great hope that each new version will fix whatever issue my phone has, but alas no. But I will keep trying!

Thanks to the developer. If I knew his/her name I would make the thanks more personal.

Well, his name is Liquid. lol The thanks can become very personal in OP's link.

Some phones just don't like certain ROMs or kernels. For instance, my Droid has never really liked Chevy's kernels and his ROM (Simply Stunning). But since you know your Droid likes Chevy's, perhaps you should try his ROM.

Reactions: almahix
Upvote 0
Mr DudL, or may I call you Yank,

I did try SS5.4 when it came out, but to no avail. The best rom for my phone seems to be CM (7.0.3 now) and I am glad I can use it, but there is something about LGB that keeps beckoning me back. I am backing up my current rom now, and I will reload LGB and try other kernels and launchers. If ll else fails I will gratefully restore CM.

Thanks to you for all of your helpful posts. I read more than I post and I have come to rely on your wise advice and comments.

Reactions: YankeeDudeL
Upvote 0
Mr DudL, or may I call you Yank,

I did try SS5.4 when it came out, but to no avail. The best rom for my phone seems to be CM (7.0.3 now) and I am glad I can use it, but there is something about LGB that keeps beckoning me back. I am backing up my current rom now, and I will reload LGB and try other kernels and launchers. If ll else fails I will gratefully restore CM.

Thanks to you for all of your helpful posts. I read more than I post and I have come to rely on your wise advice and comments.

Why thank you. Usually when someone uses "wise" to describe me, it's usually followed by a three letter word used to describe someone's posterior. And you can call me whatever ya like. :cool:

Yeah, def funny what'll take on some Droids. If you like CM, Ultimate Droid is another option as well, very similar. Lot of options, really. Just gotta keep flashing. I'm def a fan of LGB, all the features I want without the clutter, and plenty of speed.

Let us know how it works out for you. And happy flashing!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones