• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROM Manager - following lekkys flashing guide

smokinmonkey

Aug 17, 2010
Hi, I am rying to flash my frist ROM after rooting my phone two day ago.

I am following lekkys guide to rooting. I have downloaded ROM manager and I am trying to do this step:

8. Open this app, click Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery, select HTC Desire.

But everytime I try it tells me there was an error downloading the recovery?? I am connected via Wifi and have tried restarting the phone.

Anyone know what the problem is?

i tried...

just ended up using 2.5.0.1 instead (already had it on phone)

installing latest LeeDroid .. phone has been sitting like this for a good while now:

P1020724.jpg

and to be honest im getting scared... how long does flashing a ROM take?!?

Upvote 0
yeah i made a backup in rom manager...

OK.. so i rebooted.. installation didnt happen.

I uninstalled and reinstalled ROM manager and it allowed me to get the latest version of clockworkmod recovery :)

BUT

when i select to install ROM from SD, select the zip file.. it doesnt give a pop up with the option to add the updated radio zip aswell?? What do I do in this situation? Can I install the LeeDroid first then reboot and go back to ROM manager and install the radio afterwards? Or would the ROM not work as it required a radio update?

ahhh! I'm so confused! lol

Upvote 0
yeah i made a backup in rom manager...

OK.. so i rebooted.. installation didnt happen.

I uninstalled and reinstalled ROM manager and it allowed me to get the latest version of clockworkmod recovery :)

BUT

when i select to install ROM from SD, select the zip file.. it doesnt give a pop up with the option to add the updated radio zip aswell?? What do I do in this situation? Can I install the LeeDroid first then reboot and go back to ROM manager and install the radio afterwards? Or would the ROM not work as it required a radio update?

ahhh! I'm so confused! lol

Use rom manager to reboot into recovery and select the options to install zip and browse to the radio file to install. Then when it reboots, go back into rom manager and select the option to install rom from sd card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones