• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom Manager froze my sd card

So I had to unroot factory restore to let sprint replace my speaker. I get home, root, loaded rom manager and flashed to warm 2.2.
I did a backup with rom manager prior to flashing rooms.. no problem
went to warm 2.2 and wanted to back up the stock 2.2 before flashing different things... did all this weeks ago no issues
when I backed up 2.2... re started...bam my sd card will not mount. says "read only"
- tried a couple reboots...same
- booted into recovery - can see, read and write. rebooted... same problem
- searched google/forums found nothing like this
- uninstalled rom manager/ still had problem
- unrooted, flashed factory reset ....
SD card is now fine.
Is there something different I can do to make backups? I'm alittle gun shy of rom manager now. maybe it was the new update??
any ideas?? thanks!

A number of things can cause this, and it can be hard to pinpoint sometimes. Since you had just made a backup, I'll start here - how much space do you have left on the card? Did you delete any of your backups since making them, then unrooting (thus freeing up space)?

i've a 16 gig card. I had a factory reset and formatted the sd card before I started. the 1st backup of the stock(rooted evo) could not have been more than ~200 meg? plenty of space on the sd card
As mentioned I did a factory reset... unrooted and did the whole thing over again
this time i've done 2 backups with rom manager and its been ok... the 1st time could have been a hiccup? not sure but for now its ok..
if it happens again, I'll try emailing the developer and see if he has any ideas

Upvote 0
Interesting. I know some people have fixed the issue by mounting the card on their PC and using the option to repair the drive. If it worked after unrooting and doing a factory reset, though, something else may have gone wrong. Go ahead and try RA recovery, just for kicks. Maybe something went wrong when you flashed the rom. Did you ever try reflashing the rom or using a different one?

Upvote 0
since rooting my evo last week, i now notice i cannot do videos or photos on my phone....says your sd card is full. i did all the recommended downloads on this site maybe that's why....what can i do to free up space...should i format the card and if so what will happen to all the stuff i downloaded to it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones