• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rom manager reset my phone!

jc5293

Lurker
Nov 28, 2012
i downloaded rom manager and made a back up of my current rom (the standard one, i hadn't downloaded any other roms yet) and it totally reset my phone to as if i just opened it out of the box! i got it on and its working but i lost all my stuff! is there anyway i can access that backup and restore it? i tried the manage and restore backups feature in rom manager but it doesnt appear to be there.

i downloaded rom manager and made a back up of my current rom (the standard one, i hadn't downloaded any other roms yet) and it totally reset my phone to as if i just opened it out of the box! i got it on and its working but i lost all my stuff! is there anyway i can access that backup and restore it? i tried the manage and restore backups feature in rom manager but it doesnt appear to be there.

If the backup doesn't appear there, it's probably NOT there. There have been issues with ROM Managers backups and resetting, which is why it's advised to backup with GNM Recovery. .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones