• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM9 build 20130120 [BETA]

I'm sorry, I searched the thread for 'no service' but I could not find a definitive answer to my question, just some stuff about the camera not needing service to test... So, I'll try to post my question and see if I can get a better answer.

Using the MTDEV-CM9-20130218 my phone does not get service, I don't see this being in the release notes for 'not working'. I've tried re-flashing a few times now with no different results, still no service (data or cellular).

Does the 20130218 build have working cell service including data?

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, I searched the thread for 'no service' but I could not find a definitive answer to my question, just some stuff about the camera not needing service to test... So, I'll try to post my question and see if I can get a better answer.

Using the MTDEV-CM9-20130218 my phone does not get service, I don't see this being in the release notes for 'not working'. I've tried re-flashing a few times now with no different results, still no service (data or cellular).

I believe that somewhere on here there is a note about that build not having data.I never tested it myself so idk.

Upvote 0

If you read this thread it is mentioned that the 2/18 is a test build and I commented that it has no data or service because i tested it.

Upvote 0
Hey All,

Just trying to load a build on and wanted to know which is the most stable build with the working camera. Been away for a while and wanted to catch up. Great work by all for continuing dev.

Thanks,
bidzer

I think that with current work it would be better to hold off until the next release is done. I'll probably post a test build this weekend as we would need stuff tested anyway.

Upvote 0
Long time lurker here finally decided to register.

Finally progress has been made with the camera and that we might see the end of the tunnel :D

I have $25 or so in my paypal that hasn't cleared yet but once it does I will be more than happy to donate for the cause.

And please hold me to this! I don't want to forget and not donate :eek:

As promised, just made my donation :smokingsomb:
Good luck Team MTDEV!
[lurk mode on]

Reactions: dsmryder
Upvote 0
Hey, for anybody who cares for it. I remapped /hidden/data to /sd-ext. It opens up some space for us to use. What I plan to do is use BSidz's gapps and modify it to make use of the space that isn't used on our ROMs. I will probably remap it to somthing else. What I was trying to do was almost foolish as the gapps aren't changing unless I update them. And even with that I wouln'd need to change anything else other than the app it self. This is a learning experiance.

New ROM after I fix my mom's computer.

Upvote 0

I am having same issue with 2/18/13 build as well with Data/Service - Tried to toggle Airplane mode for which stuck on Airplane mode ON and will not come off.

I switched back to 11/13/12 build and flashed the camera for which works on camera but unable to take pictures without it crashing (was same issue in 2/18/13)(My biggest thing was to have the LED to work so I could use it as flash light :-D for which it does after the flash update.) But I am sure you guys are aware of it any way. Keep up good work :-D. I can survive without taking pictures for which I can just carry around my 10mp digital camera until you guys really hit it off :-D then that is totally awesome of you guys making your way through developing the mod!

Upvote 0
I am having same issue with 2/18/13 build as well with Data/Service - Tried to toggle Airplane mode for which stuck on Airplane mode ON and will not come off.

I switched back to 11/13/12 build and flashed the camera for which works on camera but unable to take pictures without it crashing (was same issue in 2/18/13)(My biggest thing was to have the LED to work so I could use it as flash light :-D for which it does after the flash update.) But I am sure you guys are aware of it any way. Keep up good work :-D. I can survive without taking pictures for which I can just carry around my 10mp digital camera until you guys really hit it off :-D then that is totally awesome of you guys making your way through developing the mod!

We already have a CM9 and a Paranoid Android build that takes pictures and saves them correctly. The front camera does not work yet, though.

adamtos camera build:
http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...amera-updated-2-23-2013-a-12.html#post5571894
BSydz PA camera build:
http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...-6-beta-1-source-15feb2013-3.html#post5577702

Upvote 0
Hey, for anybody who cares for it. I remapped /hidden/data to /sd-ext. It opens up some space for us to use. What I plan to do is use BSidz's gapps and modify it to make use of the space that isn't used on our ROMs. I will probably remap it to somthing else. What I was trying to do was almost foolish as the gapps aren't changing unless I update them. And even with that I wouln'd need to change anything else other than the app it self. This is a learning experiance.

New ROM after I fix my mom's computer.

What does opening up space in this context mean? Space for what??

This stuff isn't on ramdisks is it? I have been wondering where all of our ram is...

Upvote 0
I just flashed over to adamto's CM9, and I'm experiencing some issues getting the camera application to open. Most of the time, I get a black screen before an FC, but on rare occasions, it actually goes through and works. Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

You mean the front camera works for you sometimes??

Upvote 0
What does opening up space in this context mean? Space for what??

This stuff isn't on ramdisks is it? I have been wondering where all of our ram is...

Well we have an issue where the /system partition gets full too easily when using all the gapps and I think google now. By making use of the hidden partitions we can expand on the space in a symlinking way. I am going to redo BSydz's work to take advantage of this. I was trying to move the apps that were built then realized that if I just use the unused space then we could just have people flash the gapps there and not have to reinvent the wheel on the building process.

And we do use a RAMdisk. It is where the RAM goes before the user even unlocks the phone after a boot. I want to play with that also, so we can have more room for games and stuff.

Reactions: adamto
Upvote 0
I think he means FC=Force Close

Yes, that makes more sense.

I just flashed over to adamto's CM9, and I'm experiencing some issues getting the camera application to open. Most of the time, I get a black screen before an FC, but on rare occasions, it actually goes through and works. Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

No, I haven't heard about this problem. If you can get a logcat, or if anyone else has seen this, please speak up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones