• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Official Evervolv | 3.2.0a1 [AOSP 4.2.1]

Hi Friends,

I have the freedompop version of this phone and this rom got my phone working again. I use hangouts as my main phone number and the hangouts dialer stopped working on the stock rom. I tried all the other ICS roms and all of them were having the same dialer crash problem. my phone was rooted with CWM out of the box, so all i had to do was load the zip onto the sd card and flash in CWM.

I installed the fixedwifi version of this rom someone posted a few pages back since it seemed like there were no longer any nightly builds and the release seemed older. the google apps link was broken, but i was able to find another download of it for android 4.2. after flashing both, hangouts can make calls again. I havn't tested cellular data yet, only wifi, but i was about to try the build.prop trick listed a few pages back to switch the phone into gsm mode.

hope this helps somone else. old phone i know!

Reactions: patsfann
Upvote 0
Can I any help me?

I have freedompop version of HTC Evo Design 4G. When I got the phone from Freedompop, it already installed CWM and when I press volume down+power, I see "***unlocked***" in pink color at the top of white screen. It seems like bootloader unlocked already and rooted by Freedompop. So, I just passed all the root/unlock bootloader guides at this site. Downloaded this custome rom, and just wiped data, partition and dalve and then flashed the zip file at CWM recovery.

After that, the phone stucks at HTC logo. Luckly, the volume down+power button still works. So I went back to recovery and restored the Freedompop's rom that I backed up before. It boots up without any problem. I tried other ICS and Jelly Bean roms in this website, but same problem, stuck at HTC logo at the beginning.

I thought boot.img didn't flash correctly, so pull out boot.img file from this post. And then boot to recovery, wipe data, partition, and delvk, and the flash Evervolv 3.2.0. Install gapps and reboot into fastboot mode. Then, input "fastboot flash recovery boot.img." fastboot flashing worked, but Still stuck at HTC logo.
The funny thing is that after this(flashing boot.img via fastboot), when I go to the white page by volume down+power, and then choose "recovery", it takes me to into Evervolv rom, not CWM recovery. After Evervolv boot up, wifi works, but the phone doesn't get provider(Sprint) signal. It keeps displaying" searching for provider." After 1~3 minutes at the JellyBean, the phone automatically reboot and stuck at HTC logo again. The only way to go into JellyBean is press volume down+press and choose recovery. I said before, I can get into Jellybean, but it keep reboot after 1~3 minutes and stuck at HTC logo.

Any other who has Freedompop verison, how did you install custom rom? Instead flash at the CWM recovery, is there any a better way? Seems like I missed something. But I don't know. Bootloader already unlocked and CWM already installed. Meaning it already rooted. Why this happen to me?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can I any help me?

I have freedompop version of HTC Evo Design 4G. When I got the phone from Freedompop, it already installed CWM and when I press volume down+power, I see "***unlocked***" in pink color at the top of white screen. It seems like bootloader unlocked already and rooted by Freedompop. So, I just passed all the root/unlock bootloader guides at this site. Downloaded this custome rom, and just wiped data, partition and dalve and then flashed the zip file at CWM recovery.

After that, the phone stucks at HTC logo. Luckly, the volume down+power button still works. So I went back to recovery and restored the Freedompop's rom that I backed up before. It boots up without any problem. I tried other ICS and Jelly Bean roms in this website, but same problem, stuck at HTC logo at the beginning.

I thought boot.img didn't flash correctly, so pull out boot.img file from this post. And then boot to recovery, wipe data, partition, and delvk, and the flash Evervolv 3.2.0. Install gapps and reboot into fastboot mode. Then, input "fastboot flash recovery boot.img." fastboot flashing worked, but Still stuck at HTC logo.
The funny thing is that after this(flashing boot.img via fastboot), when I go to the white page by volume down+power, and then choose "recovery", it takes me to into Evervolv rom, not CWM recovery. After Evervolv boot up, wifi works, but the phone doesn't get provider(Sprint) signal. It keeps displaying" searching for provider." After 1~3 minutes at the JellyBean, the phone automatically reboot and stuck at HTC logo again. The only way to go into JellyBean is press volume down+press and choose recovery. I said before, I can get into Jellybean, but it keep reboot after 1~3 minutes and stuck at HTC logo.

Any other who has Freedompop verison, how did you install custom rom? Instead flash at the CWM recovery, is there any a better way? Seems like I missed something. But I don't know. Bootloader already unlocked and CWM already installed. Meaning it already rooted. Why this happen to me?

Hi, Sorry for the late response but I have the Freedompop Version of this phone as well. Basically all that I did was flash the rom onto this phone and it worked perfectly. I flashed SlimBean Beta 1. I do remember something bad happened with the CWM that was preloaded with the phone. I ended up flashing TWRP 2.5 by jssa28 which worked great for me until I finally screwed up my phone trying to make a custom recovery =p. You can find the TWRP file here : http://androidforums.com/threads/team-win-recovery-project-2-5-0-0.715666/

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones