• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] rubiX Blurry and rubiX Focused 0.5 by drod2169

I got the panorama assist issues straightened out this morning, I've uploaded the blurcamera.apk file that worked for me, you can download it HERE.

All you need to do is put the file on your sdcard, then use root explorer to delete the current blurcamera.apk file from system/app, then copy the new apk file and move it to system/app, you then need to change the permissions to: user; read, write - group; read - and others; read. If you try to install the file it will not work, you just need to power down the phone, turn it back on and you should be all set..

this is a post by airmaxx...i cant take credit for it. it works. had to do this on 0.3 focused.

now i just need to decide if i want to upgrade to 0.3 blurry or wait another week until this guy comes out with something even better....everytime i try to stay away from roms....these guys bring me back

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
Been trying RubiX blurry for past few hours and it seems like a keeper. The only issues I've notice so far deal with panorama assist (the fix works), brightness issue (too low) which can be corrected using the .3 patch, and the fact Gmail FC'd until updated.

What I haven't found a fix for is the phones search button not working. Even after you install Google search and Voice search all that happens is when you hold it down voice search pops up. If memory serves me, then a light press used to bring up the regular search.

P.S do not install the .3 calender fix because all this does is disable the calender widget.

Upvote 0
That's what I was looking to hear. But nope. Mine doesn't. I've tried flashing it a couple times and it comes back as successful and it boots up with flyx animation. But its not flyx anymore either. It's like Rom manager is doing a partial install.

Thats because it cannot be properly installed by Rom Manager. You HAVE to follow the instructions drod posted about wiping everything and mounting system or it will not properly install.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Open DroidXBootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Nandroid Backup (Just in case you don't want to keep my rom or something goes wrong)
Mounts and Storage
Format System
Format Data
Format Cache
****Mount System**** VERY IMPORTANT, DO NOT FORGET THIS STEP OR YOU WILL BE BRICKED
Install Zip From SDCard
Select rubiXBlurry0.3.zip
Select Yes
Reboot System
Enjoy

GMB

Upvote 0
Thanks. Why would he even put it on Rom manager if it can't be installed via the app? And where does Rom manager download roms to? I don't have dsl so I have to download over 3g and it took forever the first time.

I thought the same thing when I saw DRod had his own section in the ROM Manager. I am guessing just for ease of download but I wasn't able to find the ROM after downloading it anyways. I ended up downloading from the link in the OP site and copying to my sdcard.

Downloads go into the clockworkmod folder on your sdcard and then in the server folders from there but you kinda have to know the name of the server to know where to look for the download. Its a pain in the ass....

If we didn't have a locked down bootloader then Rom Manager could handle the whole wipe and flash. Hopefully that goal is not too far away. :)

GMB

Upvote 0
I need a fix: all my text messages on either stock messenger or handcent come out as double texts when I receive them from people. The text always is displayed as receiving two different text messages but its the same message repeated.

Who knows whatsup?

SOunds like you forgot to wipe DATA when you installed this ROM? Also are you using any themes on top of it? I had this happen to me last week after flashing the original rubix without wiping first.

GMB

Upvote 0
I need a fix: all my text messages on either stock messenger or handcent come out as double texts when I receive them from people. The text always is displayed as receiving two different text messages but its the same message repeated.

Who knows whatsup?

I'm having the same problem. I'm running focused .5 with the bgx theme. I noticed that there are two stock messaging apps when I set my default. Messaging and text messaging. And I use handcent. And I definitely wiped data. It was fine prior to installing bgx.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones