• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]~* UB-A75-1 For A75 ! *~

Yes it was a full version which has pdf+office files capacity

yes i think it was full.. as it never asked me anything while i used and i did not had any problem with it..:rolleyes:

Not abt asking or something :p

Were u able to Create a word or excel file via it ???

Opening is done by many of them in market for free :p

Think Free office that comes with Galaxy tab is full version ! < --read + Write !
while Documents to go with X10 is just read
and the Documents to go with A70 is a trial for 90 days :D <-- cheapest idea !

Upvote 0
No problem guys I am using olive office premium a free app of read+write and save also a nice ap is that

Personally I use Documents to Go :)
i carried on the tradition from my BB where DTG was the only good app for Office
Btw if you had used,
the office 2010 for Windows Mobile 6.5 was even better than any of these apps for droid ...

Upvote 0
Not abt asking or something :p

Were u able to Create a word or excel file via it ???

Opening is done by many of them in market for free :p

Think Free office that comes with Galaxy tab is full version ! < --read + Write !
while Documents to go with X10 is just read
and the Documents to go with A70 is a trial for 90 days :D <-- cheapest idea !

Yes, Polaris Office does allow creation and saving. I feel it works well and the fonts are quite precise and the display sharp.

I tried a few alternatives, one of them being "Documents to Go", but came back to Polaris due to personal preference.

Upvote 0
Presenting First ROM for MICROMAX A75

deveoped by Ninad (aka, ninadchaudhari)

As you know , A75 cannot be roted by conventional ways but have been successfully rooted.

Here is the first ROM ( and only :) ) for Micromax A75

Thanks much and it is a nice work. I have a question though ( pls excuse me if it won't make any sense. I don't have much knowledge in android bootrom partitioning ) .

System.img you have provided is smaller in size compared to original one. However we have used same scatter.txt ( which has partition map ) .

Do you think editing scatter.txt will earn little more internal memory.. :)

We may have to use format + download option of SPFlash tool if we change scatter.txt , I pressume.

Thanks
Anoop :cool:

Upvote 0
Thanks much and it is a nice work. I have a question though ( pls excuse me if it won't make any sense. I don't have much knowledge in android bootrom partitioning ) .

System.img you have provided is smaller in size compared to original one. However we have used same scatter.txt ( which has partition map ) .

Do you think editing scatter.txt will earn little more internal memory.. :)

We may have to use format + download option of SPFlash tool if we change scatter.txt , I pressume.

Thanks
Anoop :cool:

Really,
appreciate your way of thinking :)

The thing is , While rooting the phone I had to look at every material available ! hence already Dig deep :p

You are right that it it does represent the memory location , for writing the images ! and that , the system, i provided is smaller in size caz i have De-odex ed the rom ... [[ Thanks for Sam for Forcing me do so ... I am still against de-odexing :p ]]

More over I think, the second issue is the best of it :p
as the stuff is like, ok u take the risk, do the stuff but what is the fn*king profit ??? lol
U may get a bit of space but instead of using such stuff , simply use Link2sd ...
It makes sense :p

But since u r curious ! :)

There are a few reasons I am against this thing

1. I do not have the device
    Such experimental stuff need a hell lot of trial and error stuff :p
    hence (leave me ;) ) none of the senior dev's have this device , it is a bit difficult to handle stuff [[ Though thanks to many ppl here who voluntarily provided there devices and pcs for testing stuff :p ]]
  2. It is actually useless
    I have certainly reduced the size of system, hence you guys can actually install the apps that u use frequently as the system apps !
    I thought stealing free memory from other partitions and adding to system and userdata ! but even by this, u will hardly get any appreciable space !!
  3. Fdisk issues ...
    This is a bit of technical stuff ;)
    Every boot and as a fdisk file which ,umm... like, stores the partition and the size stuff in them ... those Need to be edited for u want to repartition ur device ...
  4. Bootloader
    For this I think will require change in the bootloader for it pointing to these different memory locations ... [ I am like 60% for this ... ]
  5. IMEI
    Yup u will need to format then flash , but if u know how the sp-flash tool formats ,it will erase even ur IMEI numbers :p

They can be flashed back by SN_Flash tool , but we are least assured that the tool will work on this device ....

There are a bit of more issues ,which i think are useless to type here ...
I am tired now :D.

Reactions: rameshprathap
Upvote 0
HOW TO RUN THIS WHERE IS APPLICATION (adb shell fix_permissions) NINAID HELP THIS

Its not a application :p :D
Fine, if you need a GUI for the same,
Just Download the app called "ROM Manager"
and select Fix-Permissions !
Btw, y do u need to fix permissions ?

Reactions: rameshprathap
Upvote 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshyd
Ninad,

I am having a strange problem and its pissing me off with this phone..
As soon as any sync activity happens on phone.. it become unusable. And when trying to open anything (contact, message ect) it just gets stuck and gives the android.**** (somthing) errors .. and asks for force close, wait, report. and then screen is blank.

I am trying to find a work out for last 3-4 hours but no success. its the UBA75v2 ROM .. was working well, this problem happend previously when i installed skype and it was doing sync for contact but it worked after 2 hours, this time i configured with my exchange server but now its not working..

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Just do

Code:
adb shell fix_permissions
BTW there is no ROM as UB-A75-v2 its just UB-A75-1 like i said earlier there is no v1 and v2 ... v1 is Permanently discarded ...

and btw those ****(something) errors are important to report ...

YOU POST THE COMMAND SO I TRY TO RUN BUT I CANT SO I ASKED , THANKS FOR YOUR REPLAY NINAD

Upvote 0
Hi... since rooting my phone with UB-A75-1, my phone worked fine for a day but since yesterday it is refusing to get switched on.... can i go ahead and claim the warranty or micromax guys are clever enough to find out that the phone has been rooted? please let me know at the earliest

Flash it again if it fails then visit service center. They guys are fools they dont know anything :p. They once opened cwm recovery in my a70 and they didn't know wt was that :D

Reactions: satecsh
Upvote 0
thank you Kumar... i tried flashing it again but the flash tool is not detecting it anymore and when i connect the charger also phone is not displaying anything but i can feel the phone getting warmer. is this a known issue or should i visit the service center?

Remove battery and try again if there is problem visit service center

Upvote 0
Hey Ninad... did as u suggested, but no luck... have given it to the service center and will update u once i hear from them and thank you for trying to help

Well that's serious :eek:

I do not know how can A75 be bricked via a flash !!!

Ur device is un-brick-able by flashing process ... this is really strange
We must diagnose why such thing happened :) ., this will not only help others but also increase some knowledge abt the same :p
Btw, those ppl use the same thing ..... to recover any A75 ...

Btw ,do not tell those ppl u ever tried to flash or something similar :p

Upvote 0

We must diagnose why such thing happened :) ., this will not only help others but also increase some knowledge abt the same :p

I tell everything to service center abt rooting :D as he is my friend ;) :p

Upvote 0
I asked him abt kernel source but he said he cant leak any information abt source but he added that if once company settles it ll surely launch kernel source...

lol
He cannot do even a ants job about K.Source ;)
What I meant was, for helping in getting the engineering files :)
The Images for flashing devices :p as ICS cannot be rooted by any exploit :D
You Need to have engineering tools :p

Upvote 0

Hi Ninad... would never let them know that i tried flashing it... btw,i have flashed every rom provided byu including the fly iq270 and everyone of those rom's worked the way they were supposed to... i dont think flashing caused my phone to go dead and may be it is phone's hardware problem coz whenever i tired charging the phone it used to get warm without indicating anything... have to call the service center guy today around 3pm and shall update the same to you.

Upvote 0
hi ninad... Would never let them know that i tried flashing it... Btw,i have flashed every rom provided byu including the fly iq270 and everyone of those rom's worked the way they were supposed to... I dont think flashing caused my phone to go dead and may be it is phone's hardware problem coz whenever i tired charging the phone it used to get warm without indicating anything... Have to call the service center guy today around 3pm and shall update the same to you.

i had same issue first time flashing my a75 , same u r mobile condition, please use sp flash tool , connect usb cable and remove the battery once sp ask connect insert the battery , sp tool detect the phone and flashed nice , i have a experience please ignore any mistaken words thanks:)

Reactions: satecsh
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones