• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

If you are having MMS issues, you may need to do a full wipe/format, just be sure to backup your apps first, but DO NOT BACKUP SYSTEM APPS OR SYSTEM DATA!

Like eriman said, put the bootanimation.zip of your choosing in /system/media
(interesting nick eriman, eri.xml is one of the main configuration files ;) )

The nexus email may have something to do with the fact almost all ROMs built from source include some portion of the nexus builds. Those built from system images of a particular phone probably don't have this issue.

Upvote 0
Figured out it wouldn't backup the sd-ext because I had fat 32 which works for the rom but the recovery is compatible with ext3. Had an issue removing green machine and ended up formatting it with clockwork which made it ext3 and backed up no problem. As for the blue version of green machine cyan dragon theme for themer is basically a blue version with different icons in the notification bar.

Edit: the battery life seems not much worse than running stock unrooted with heavy use. I use my phone more than my pc especially now with this rom making it so much better. I also use link 2sd and the available space is just as good as harmonia when I tried it out. I currently have about 90 apps and 150 mb free internal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones