• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ROMs and Dropbox

z_ebner

Mar 23, 2011
Can I put ROMs into my dropbox and then just flash them from there? I know they aren't directly in the root folder, but will that work?

I want to be able to transfer and flash ROMs without having to hook up my phone to my computer to transfer the files. I am trying to do it manually instead of using the ROM manager also.

Thanks

Can I put ROMs into my dropbox and then just flash them from there? I know they aren't directly in the root folder, but will that work?

I want to be able to transfer and flash ROMs without having to hook up my phone to my computer to transfer the files. I am trying to do it manually instead of using the ROM manager also.

Thanks

Download a rom directly to your phone, boot to recovery, do a full wipe, then go to install zip from sd card, your rom and/or GApps will be in your downloads folder;) Install rom, reboot:D

No need to hook your phone up via usb

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones