• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Roms for DInc

chillmeow

Aug 11, 2010
Hi,

I am a noob for rooting android. I just switched from iPhone to HTC Incredible, so I am still trying to familiar with the OS.

I wanted to root the phone to get more functions/ability off the phone, but I see all these ROMs floating around. I checked the Wiki for Incredible for the difference between all the Roms, but I have no idea the advantages toward each item.

Can someone please explain to me the advantages of choosing each Rom?

Thanks!

Each ROM's features, apps, and bugs are listed in the first post of each ROM's thread. The ROMs are constantly changing, evolving and being updated, so it would take a lot to keep a single source constantly updated. Just read each ROMs thread and find one that looks and sounds good. You'll find that switching between ROMs is fairly painless and doesn't hurt your phone at all, so worse case scenario; try them out one by one until you find one that you like! :)

Upvote 0
CyanogenMod (CM) just came out with a 6.0.1 version and is great!, it is like the complete opposite of SenseUI if you want to check that out meaning white status bar, and completely vanilla. the only complete vanilla ROM we have. download here.
VirtuousROM is a great built of the OTA2.2 RUU and it all goodied up. rmk removed all the crap ware. that can be found here. I highly suggest checking these two out first.
And you can never count out SkyraiderRC3, awesome dev, and and awesome ROM, here. Read all about em, enjoy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones