• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Roms for Gingerbread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1344074

Im currently running this rom and it is the best one i have yet to put on my phone. Fast, stable, looks good and if u like touchwiz u cant put it back on. Phone is so much more snappier and quickier than stock GB.

I would recomend this rom to anybody

goddamn you. ive been running phoenixII random rom (EC05 froyo)and after seeing this with the gps fix i want to run GB. ugh.

Upvote 0
If u have any problems at all with the rom post in that forum over at xda and toad life is always checking in for bugs. He updates pretty often. Im still running build 16 and love it. The newest build is 18 with a few improvements.

yeah i gotta join over there and ask about some sort of lockscreen option. With this ROM there is only one, the default one.

Upvote 0
Funny, I flashed this earlier today on my wife's phone and i have to admit it's exactly what I was looking for. After dealing with the 3 week countdown on Frozen for the last 6 months or so I can't express how happy I was to see that this rom left the data formatted RFS.

CleanGB is clean, fast, and so far extremely stable. If it lasts more than 3 weeks between flash-to-crash I'll buy the guy a beer.

Upvote 0
Which one?

I put this theme on my wife's phone:

[ERA][THEME][EI22][10Lock] Strawberries & Cream v.11.12.13 - xda-developers

I went ahead and installed ADW with the pink theme and the pink swype as suggested too. She absolutely loves it. Everything works perfectly but for some reason everytime she makes or receives a phone call it force closes the phone apk when she hangs up. It still works fine though so I'm not too worried about it. It has all of the cool lockscreens in it too.

I should note I installed it over CleanGB.

Reactions: bestcee
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones