1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

root access.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Boowho, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Boowho

Boowho Newbie

Have LG V20 (US996) rooted using Magisk. TWRP installed and working. Plus of course, BL unlocked.

However, some programs (for example a boot animation changer) runs but never asks for su permission. However, root checkers say the phone is indeed rooted.

And of course, then does not change the boot animation.

Thoughts/ideas/suggestions??

boowho??

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

there are other boot animation apps out there. if you want to verify root. you can download a terminal emulator from the playstore and type "su". if the command line changes from $ to # then you have root access.

it could be the app you are using maybe not working properly. try uninstalling it and then reinstalling. also you can try other boot animations apps that are out there.

3. Boowho

Boowho Newbie

Thanks...... It seems like no matter what I do, I just can't get /system mounted as R/W.

Every tool I've tried (even those with an r/w "switch") fail to mount it. EFS File explorer, EG.

I'm going to create a flashable zip and try an install from TWRP next.

I'm running (patched by Magisk) version of stock (build 10F) android Nougat for the LG V20 (US996).

LG V20 Forum

The LG V20 release date was October 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

October 2016
Release Date
Reviews