• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

root access.

Boowho

Mar 20, 2019
Have LG V20 (US996) rooted using Magisk. TWRP installed and working. Plus of course, BL unlocked.

However, some programs (for example a boot animation changer) runs but never asks for su permission. However, root checkers say the phone is indeed rooted.

And of course, then does not change the boot animation.

Thoughts/ideas/suggestions??

boowho??

there are other boot animation apps out there. if you want to verify root. you can download a terminal emulator from the playstore and type "su". if the command line changes from $ to # then you have root access.

it could be the app you are using maybe not working properly. try uninstalling it and then reinstalling. also you can try other boot animations apps that are out there.

Upvote 0
Thanks...... It seems like no matter what I do, I just can't get /system mounted as R/W.

Every tool I've tried (even those with an r/w "switch") fail to mount it. EFS File explorer, EG.

I'm going to create a flashable zip and try an install from TWRP next.

I'm running (patched by Magisk) version of stock (build 10F) android Nougat for the LG V20 (US996).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones