• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root explorer and HTC-Ime

porter_james

Feb 7, 2011
I'm currently running on InsertCoin 1.9.1, which lacks Chinese Handwriting. I tried pushing the HTC_IME from the 1.9.5 version, which supposedly supports the input, by simply overwriting the original using root explorer. This didn't work as the input is gone completely, and while I've fixed it before by simply putting the copied original back into system, this didn't work this time. Can anyone provide some help? Thx in advance!

Edit: I pushed the copy from the sd card via adb, works again. Question now is: will pushing/copying via adb automatically fix the problem of permissions, seeing that it worked this time, or do I have to run chmod as well?

You can set permissions with root explorer. Its in the menu when you press on the app in system/app. Not sure if its long press or short press.

Personally I have HTC IME and Clicker_hi in /data/app. That way its always there when I flash a new rom

Thx mate for the info, always coming through :cool:
I tried the custom one you pointed me to earlier, but it doesn't include Chinese.
Pity, I guess I have to wait til I have time to flash a new rom. I hope that Baadnewz' latest not only supports but includes HTC_CHIME.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones