• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root for Huawei Ascend Y H866C

Seriously?

If you are going to link to giantpune's .apk in "your" guide without linking to his original post, at least also link to his donation link (whatever your contribution was to the process, your huawei would still be rootless without giantpune's apk). That way, people can at least make an informed choice about whether they want to donate.

My two cents.

Its not like I meant to do something wrong. Why don't you add it for me since you are so adimate about it.

Upvote 0
Its not like I meant to do something wrong. Why don't you add it for me since you are so adimate about it.

I am sure it was enthusiasm gone wild that caused your oversight at not linking. I remember how giddy I was when I first rooted my first Droid phone.

I would love to add Giantpune's link to your guide, but I would need your password at unleashed-prepaid to do that, which I doubt you would be willing to give. So, if you want to correct your oversight and edit "your" guide over there to add Giantpune's donation link (or to link back to his original post on p.3 of this thread), that would be great.

Thanks in advance for that correction.

Upvote 0
I don't mind at all.

Thanks.

Posts are up.

For rooting LG Optimus Dynamic (L38C) via Poot:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=36625140&postcount=20

For rooting LG Optimus Logic (L35) via Poot:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=36625397&postcount=68

Thanks again, giantpune.

P.S. If it's not a lot of trouble, I am sure it would cause more adoption (and more potential donations) if you adapted your Poot-debug.apk to the wonky screen resolution of those two phones (240x320). Though I was brave enough to click on Poot after seeing screen wonkiness, others may not. Regardless, though, thanks again for your very elegant, portable solution.

Upvote 0
im completely new to the whole android world as i was an izombie for a long time. still, gingerbread is better than the latest ios update in my opinion. also, being that there is no way to "ease" into the underground of the android world im on the crash course. i have no idea what clockwork mod is and i only know that my phone is rooted, (thanks to giantpune) but not what it means. so, here goes my potentially and probably stupid question: is it possible to get jellybean on my h866c now that my phone is rooted? and if so, how? thank you for your patience with a complete newb to android and any answers you may have.

Upvote 0
im completely new to the whole android world as i was a izombie for a long time. still gingerbread is better that the latest ios update in my opinion. also, being that there is no way to "ease" into the underground of the android world im on the crash course. no idea what clockwork mod is and i only know that my phone is rooted, (thanks to giantpune) but not what it means. so, heregoes to potentially and probably stupid question: is it possible to get jellybean on my h866c now that my phone is rooted? and if so, how? thank you for your patience witha complete newb to android and and answers you may have.

Wait on giantpune

Upvote 0
Why wait on giantpnue? What more are you expecting? I don't have access to one of these phones, and I have no intentions of buying one out of my own pocket. And that leaves me absolutely no reason in the world to want to start building a rom for it.

Does that mean that if I were to ship you my LG Optimus Dynamic (LG38C - Source Code released on LG Source Site as "LGL38C" model number) for you to borrow (Straight Talk only; Verizon towers), that you would be open to developing any or all of the following for it:
0. Poot with right screen configuration?
1. CWM (or, preferably, TWRP) recovery?
2. Kernel (with overclocking and/or undervolting and/or that gps module you developed for Elite (and any other kernel module you can think of that would be relevant to phone or data/network use))?
3. CM 10 or 10.1 ROM?

I know that any of the above is asking a lot of you, and the whole thing is asking a ton of you, but I figure that worst you can say is no, and the default answer will be no if I don't ask. So, I ask. :)

Though I would prefer to get the phone back when you were done, I am open to some other arrangement if you prefer; we can figure out the particulars.

Let me know your thoughts.

And, apologies for thread stealing!!

Upvote 0
Why wait on giantpnue? What more are you expecting? I don't have access to one of these phones, and I have no intentions of buying one out of my own pocket. And that leaves me absolutely no reason in the world to want to start building a rom for it.

what a douche. get off your friggin high horse, bro. i realize how "important" you are (REALLY thick sarcasm there), but you have got to be one of the most arrogant and egotistical gremlins ive ever had the bad luck of coming across. if you want to help people, great. if you want people to bow down to you- get bent. id smash my phone with a hammer before i asked you for anything... then i d buy another one and smash it with a hammer. im not going to take anything from you. you probably have a GREAT understanding of the droid o.s. but thats the limit of your contribution, and while it far supersedes mine, your still a douche. i was asking if it was a universal process. i didnt want a hand out. if there was any work involved i would have "donated" like i was going to for the poot (also not going to happen now, im sure your heartbroken)

you'd make a good cop, you know that?

Upvote 0
....giantpune...you are AWESOME!!!! just pooted last night with success on my net10 ascend 2. Even without a custom rom link2sd and another sd partition low starage space will be a thing of the past. i will definately donate as soon as i can. also have an l35g i;m going to try when i can get my wife to turn loose of it. a million thanks again

Upvote 0
I have read through this thread and am lost as a red neck in new york city. that brings me the conclusion that i shouldnt try this at home. is there anyone in the ST.Louis areai could bring my phone to and gladly pay you to root it for me. I cant mail it out as i need my phone. i dont have another one an cant afford to be without it due to me using it for work so mailing it out is not an option.

Upvote 0
giantpune I heard about you rooting the h866c is there any way you can put up detailed insturctions on how to do this or can you help me off the list. I need to root mine to put on an app that does a wireless tether thanks

I have read through this thread and am lost as a red neck in new york city. that brings me the conclusion that i shouldnt try this at home. is there anyone in the ST.Louis areai could bring my phone to and gladly pay you to root it for me. I cant mail it out as i need my phone. i dont have another one an cant afford to be without it due to me using it for work so mailing it out is not an option.

It's not very difficult.

Go to the previous page (page 4). Download the Poot posted by that guy that I still need to send a donation to (I promise I will, I have to wait until the first of Feb. when I have money).

1. Save Poot to the SD card.
2. Download and install SuperUser (or SuperUser Elite if you want, but it's not necessary to pay for SU Elite).
3. Run Poot. It will need to download Ministro II. Accept the download and just let Ministro II download/install.
4. Let Ministro II install the QT packages it needs.
5. If you want, Reboot the phone (press and hold power button, select restart), but I don't think it's necessary.
6. Run Poot again, it will give you a success or failure message. If you did everything right, it will give you a success.

SuperUser or SuperUser Elite is necessary just for the root. I don't know about ClockWorkMod other than that CWM does NOT (the last time I checked) have a mod that supports Huawei H866c. Now if you do get a mod on there, you don't need SU or SU Elite (most of the time).

Upvote 0
it seems like a good phone i really just use it for the unlimited internet i have another cell i use for everything else but it would still be nice to get it rooted.

I had two of them..personally i think it's one of the worst androids ive ever had,ive had 7. It's good for calling/texting..other than that its crap imo.

Aside from that,I have tried just about everything to root one..no luck. No fastboot=pain in the ass.

Upvote 0

Sure where u wanna meet?

Upvote 0
I had two of them..personally i think it's one of the worst androids ive ever had,ive had 7. It's good for calling/texting..other than that its crap imo.

Aside from that,I have tried just about everything to root one..no luck. No fastboot=pain in the ass.
Well what do you expect from a budget phone?

It's damn good at $90 USD to be able to access the Internet and have several smart phone capabilities but now it's even better that it can actually be rooted thanks to that poot guy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones