• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Oh my bad, it had been a while since I rooted so I forgot about that step! Feeling kinda dumb about that.

Stupid question... but did you do step #15 first once or twice (Now highlight "Allow update.zip Installation" and choose it. [It will appear to do nothing -- that's normal. If you're unsure if you clicked it or not, choose it twice, it won't hurt.])

That might help... if not maybe try doing a battery pull and pulling out your SD card and putting it back in, since the issue has something to do with communication with the SD card.

I think I tried pressing it both once and twice, but i could be wrong. I'll try both of these suggestions when I get home soon. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Alright, here's what I get when I attempt step 16:

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or dev/block/mmcblk0)
(No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip
Installation aborted.

I made sure that I hit the "Allow update.zip installation first, then I hi the install/sdcard/update.zip (depreciated)

I tried taking the SD Card out and putting it back in. I have no issues mounting it when using it as USB. Argh!

Upvote 0
Alright, here's what I get when I attempt step 16:

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or dev/block/mmcblk0)
(No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip
Installation aborted.

I made sure that I hit the "Allow update.zip installation first, then I hi the install/sdcard/update.zip (depreciated)

I tried taking the SD Card out and putting it back in. I have no issues mounting it when using it as USB. Argh!

Not sure what to tell you... maybe try re-downloading the SPR Recovery .sbf file and try flashing it again? I understand your frustration, I've gotten that error before and it's mysterious.

Reactions: JTforPink
Upvote 0
Are those 2 different apps to download? I've heard I should have ROM manager anyway...

I think I just did it. Downloaded Rom Manager and hit the first option up there and I think it created it. Can it be that easy?

Yes! Now if you X-Boot you'll boot into Clockworkmod Recovery instead of SPR. You can flash back within ROM Manager. I gather you've seen the options to Create/Restore backups by now, that's the way I do my backups.

Upvote 0
Yes! Now if you X-Boot you'll boot into Clockworkmod Recovery instead of SPR. You can flash back within ROM Manager. I gather you've seen the options to Create/Restore backups by now, that's the way I do my backups.

Oh that's sexy. If I want to back this up on my computer as well do I just copy the entire "clockworkmod" folder to someplace on my computer? Or is it in another folder I'm missing?

Upvote 0
aw man... bootloop and nothing to restore.. i dont know dude. you might have to start over. How did you get the bootloop? you were only backing up right? i get bootloops from kernels my droid doesnt like.
Wait is your phone really hot?

i went through a bootloop yesterday because my phone got really hot because i was watching a flash video that was using alot power for some reason and was overclocked to 1.25ghz. my droid just shut off and went through a bootloop so i took the battery out and let it cool off. then it booted fine afterwards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones