• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted Droid Eris with Celb froyo pc connection problem

thestrange

Lurker
Oct 30, 2010
Ok I'm having alot of problems. I have a rooted Droid Eris with celb froyo 3.3. Before this I had kaosfroyo v34. Before I rooted my phone I was able to connect to my PC, then, a few months later I couldn't. This was all before I rooted my phone. Then I rooted it on my parents computer and put kaos on it, and it started to work for a day then quit the next time I connected it to their computer. It even connected to my computer. I have no "connect PC" option in my settings. No USB notification in my notifications on my phone and PC says USB device not recognize. All my USBs are good bcuz my keyboard and mouse work fine. Anybody have any solutions?

i had a similar problem on nonsensikal a few days ago only my phone wouldnt tether with the wire and the usb icons started disappearing. just for kicks i went into wireless tether for root users and it popped up with a message saying "phone in unkown state - try reboot". i shut down my phone waited a minute booted it up and it worked. its worth a shot trying otherwise doing a wipe on the phone (i dont know for sure so dont take my word for it) and/or uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers for your phone on the computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones