• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rooted Phone Problems...

Hi, I recently rooted my phone and accidentally deleted the system calendar. I unfortunately, had no system back up (I know this was a mistake) so the stock calendar info is completely gone. I tried to re-install the calendar.apx file to the SD for the version of android my phone is running (Kit Kat) and it failed to install. I've been reading that if I install a new flash ROM I might be able to recover a system calendar? Is that true?

Hello!
Short answer, yes, it will.
However, flashing a new rom will wipe your device, so you need to be sure to back every thing up.
What device do you have and what carrier?
Do you have a custom recovery?

A different answer is to find a stock rom, download it to your computer, unzip it, find the file you need, move it to your sd card, copy to the correct partition, set permissions and reboot. ;)

Upvote 0
Hey!

So I need to find a copy of the stock ROM that is already installed on my device, "cut" the part of it that has the calendar on it, save it to my SD, and then reboot?

Also, it's this phone and I have BYOD plan with AT&T.

Thank you for your help!!!
I oversimplified that a bit pending further information, but yes.
Are you sure you deleted it? Perhaps you just disabled it?

If you indeed deleted it, this is what I have done, others may have varying methods but...

If you can find a stock rom for your device/model/version, you can download the rom to your computer. Unzip the rom.
Find the file(s) that you have removed. (do you remember what files you deleted?). Move them to the internal or sd card.
Using Root Explorer (a file manager app), you can copy those files to the exact location that you removed them from.
(possibly the /system/app location). Set the permissions to the other apk's there, reboot and profit!

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones