• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted via Toast Method....now?

Check over at xda. They have some good roms out there. Flipz and damage just released their roms yesterday. I am currently running damage control 3.0 and loving it. It'sa stock Rom with tweaks to the kernel. Runs smooth and he says he made adjustments to make battery life better. Can't comment on battery life just yet, but it is definitely smoother.

Reactions: zaltol
Upvote 0
I'm currently running OMJ's 2.1 rom with the sd update. It's fully stable, no bug s that I can tell, takes sprint bloatware out, and adds a few essential programs cooked right in. also, I've noticed a huge battery life increase. I unplugged at eight this morning, and I'm at eighty percent with moderate heavy use. On stock un rooted I would have been at sixty or lower by now. Couldn't be happier.... Well I could, but not till froyo is working 100% on the evo.

Reactions: zaltol
Upvote 0
for ROM's...if you're a WinMo veteran...remember it is a personal choice. Some prefer this and that...while others prefer that and the other.

Long story short...stability and usability should decide for you.

I think there really should be a "Android Upgrade Section" for this forum so chefs can post their ROMs.

Am running OMJ's latest, and will be trying out Calkulin's (PPC Geek WinMo veteran), and probably give Fresh's ROM a spin as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones