• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rooted, Want Original OS. Stuck on 5.1.1. Help Please

Naaan

Lurker
Jun 26, 2018
Just found out I bought a rooted S6 from an e-tailer in Canada. After a few hours with various samsung country support teams I found out it was rooted and my knox void warranty gone.The support guy said they wouldnt even help me get original OS bcuz of no warranty.

Im stuck on 5.1.1, and would like to upgrade to 7.0, hopefully with original software at least.

Help please!

Can this be done 100% safely, what should I do?

Best

There's a site called Sammobile.com which keeps just about every firmware version for every Samsung device. You'll need the exact model number (not just S6, but you should be able to find this in the "about" section of the settings somewhere) and a computer, and I believe the program used to install it is called Odin. Samsung owners here will be able to give more detailed instructions. Back up your data first. I don't believe it will do anything about Knox flags, but it will allow you to return the phone to full stock software of whatever version is available for that phone.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
There's a site called Sammobile.com which keeps just about every firmware version for every Samsung device. You'll need the exact model number (not just S6, but you should be able to find this in the "about" section of the settings somewhere) and a computer, and I believe the program used to install it is called Odin. Samsung owners here will be able to give more detailed instructions. Back up your data first. I don't believe it will do anything about Knox flags, but it will allow you to return the phone to full stock software of whatever version is available for that phone.
So I checked sammobile,

I dont have my exact model on there, which is G920FXXU2BOGE , thats what has me sort of stuck....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones