• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rooting = better messaging/notifications?

ron

Sep 17, 2009
I and many others have been having issues with emails not checking when they should (hours passing between pop updates when it should be checking once every 15 min), and sometimes messages arrive, but there is either no notification, or the messages shows up 'not bold' as if it's been read, when it has not been. These issues happen with IMAP and POP settings, buy the way.

Anyone here have these issues and know whether any of them are resolved with the various custom ROMS?

Thanks.

For the thousandth time, Rooting doesn't do anything special, doesn't make any changes, doesn't do ANYTHING AT ALL except give you admin privileges. It's what you DO with that privilege that makes the changes.

I don't know what your email issue is, but I would bet there's someone else that's had that issue and asked about it in the past couple months. Mine check every 15 minutes, as far as I know. And if it doesn't, I open it up and manually refresh

Edit: And be damn careful what you do with those privileges. I just got my phone stuck in a boot loop...would load the sprint screen about halfway, and then restart, over and over and over. Hopefully this wipe fixed it lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones