• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting - continuous questions

PapaNoHair

Nov 19, 2010
OK started the rooting process - i.e., downloaded VM and Ubuntu. Got to go to work so this will have to wait until tomorrow to continue but was wondering: after rooting can I still download from the Market as before or do apps have to be installed differently? Sorry for the constant questions but for every one answered it appears two more pop into my head. Thanks in advance for all you guys!

OK started the rooting process - i.e., downloaded VM and Ubuntu. Got to go to work so this will have to wait until tomorrow to continue but was wondering: after rooting can I still download from the Market as before or do apps have to be installed differently? Sorry for the constant questions but for every one answered it appears two more pop into my head. Thanks in advance for all you guys!

dont apologize for having questions thats what we are here for :D

No you can still download from market your not changing your account or anything just turning off phone securities (S-ON) to (S-OFF) Then installing a nandroid to do clone backups. (Much different than Titanium Backup or MyBackup)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones