• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting help: SE Flash Omap3430 MI - Driver missing ?

Haloman800

Aug 8, 2010
Hello. I'm new to the forums, I'm trying to root my Motorola Droid running 2.2 Froyo with OMJ's guide: http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/141116-guide-rooting-2-2-windows-linux.html

I'm at step 10, when I get to the "Battery OK to Program Transfer Mode: USB" screen on my Droid after rebooting while holding UP on the D-pad, my computer says "Found New Hardware: SE Flash Omap3430 MI" And it's asking me to install some driver. It asked me to insert a disc, which I clicked I didn't have, and it asked me to navigate and find it.

I just closed the little window, and went on to step 11, 12, and 13. When I got to the part where I hit "Start", nothing happened, on both the computer and Droid end.

I held down the power button and unplugged the USB from my phone, it turned on like normal, so no brick or any changes whatsoever.

I made sure after I ran RSDLite that I selected the SPRecovery file, but when I hit start, nothing happened.

So, my guess is I need to install the SE Flash Omap3430 MI driver for me to be able to continue on and flash the SPR image onto the phone.

Any idea where I can find this driver, or how I can do this? I'm on the Battery OK OK to program screen again...

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones