1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Rooting Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by OJdidit, Aug 1, 2010.

1. OJdidit

OJdidit New Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Hopefully not a dumb question. When installing the SAPPIMG file I get update failed, version older than current version when loading the phone. I Have tryed formatting the sd card. And have spent a couple hours searching this site and several other sites. Any idea? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. gohausmachine

gohausmachine Well-Known Member

Not trying to be rude but did you follow all instructions step by step? Also just checking because I almost skipped it did you downgrade to android 1.5 first? If you're on the unlockr page I had trouble installing CM6 so I just used their Hero ROM and then downloaded ROM Manager once my phone booted. I then used RM to d/l Cyanogen Mod 6 and let it do its thing. Hope this helps :)

OJdidit likes this.
  3. OJdidit

OJdidit New Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Yeah, the SAPPIMG file is the 1.5 that I couldn't get to load. After a day of surfing the net I found that with that error a goldcard is needed. Hopefully radio shack or bestbuy sell's the kingston sdcard needed for this. Thank you though.

4. T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T should have them, or at least for me they did. T-Mobile's was the cheapest though.

OJdidit likes this.
  5. OJdidit

OJdidit New Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Thanks bro. T-Mobile has them for 20 with SD adapter. Can't wait to get out of work and possibly destroy my phone : ) I found this information on wiki cyanogen about the sappfile img error. Thanks for the responces. Hopefully i got no further questions.

6. Raven198

Raven198 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Work at a Power Plant
    Acworth, GA

I wouldn't get it from T-Mo...it's probably a class 2 SD card. Save yourself a headache, goto and electronics store, and get you at least a class 4 if not a class 6 SD card. The class 2 isn't fast enough for the phone and you'll just get a migraine. Now if your only gonna get a 1gb card to make as your gold card, then a cheap class 2 will get the job done, cause that is what I did.