• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OJdidit

Lurker
Aug 1, 2010
Hopefully not a dumb question. When installing the SAPPIMG file I get update failed, version older than current version when loading the phone. I Have tryed formatting the sd card. And have spent a couple hours searching this site and several other sites. Any idea? Thanks.

Hopefully not a dumb question. When installing the SAPPIMG file I get update failed, version older than current version when loading the phone. I Have tryed formatting the sd card. And have spent a couple hours searching this site and several other sites. Any idea? Thanks.

Not trying to be rude but did you follow all instructions step by step? Also just checking because I almost skipped it did you downgrade to android 1.5 first? If you're on the unlockr page I had trouble installing CM6 so I just used their Hero ROM and then downloaded ROM Manager once my phone booted. I then used RM to d/l Cyanogen Mod 6 and let it do its thing. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: OJdidit
Upvote 0
Not trying to be rude but did you follow all instructions step by step? Also just checking because I almost skipped it did you downgrade to android 1.5 first? If you're on the unlockr page I had trouble installing CM6 so I just used their Hero ROM and then downloaded ROM Manager once my phone booted. I then used RM to d/l Cyanogen Mod 6 and let it do its thing. Hope this helps :)

Yeah, the SAPPIMG file is the 1.5 that I couldn't get to load. After a day of surfing the net I found that with that error a goldcard is needed. Hopefully radio shack or bestbuy sell's the kingston sdcard needed for this. Thank you though.

Upvote 0
Thanks bro. T-Mobile has them for 20 with SD adapter. Can't wait to get out of work and possibly destroy my phone : ) I found this information on wiki cyanogen about the sappfile img error. Thanks for the responces. Hopefully i got no further questions.

I wouldn't get it from T-Mo...it's probably a class 2 SD card. Save yourself a headache, goto and electronics store, and get you at least a class 4 if not a class 6 SD card. The class 2 isn't fast enough for the phone and you'll just get a migraine. Now if your only gonna get a 1gb card to make as your gold card, then a cheap class 2 will get the job done, cause that is what I did.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones