• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooting issues

tonight I went ahead and rooted my lg motion from metro pcs. all went well enough for someone not real computer savvy. everything went exactly like the guide said it would. so now everything SEEMS ok except I keep getting seemingly random flashes of red around the screen border. could be home screen, selecting an app. random. ideas? like I said every thing SEEMS to be ok. also so far no recovery for this phone? and help at all would be great

tonight I went ahead and rooted my lg motion from metro pcs. all went well enough for someone not real computer savvy. everything went exactly like the guide said it would. so now everything SEEMS ok except I keep getting seemingly random flashes of red around the screen border. could be home screen, selecting an app. random. ideas? like I said every thing SEEMS to be ok. also so far no recovery for this phone? and help at all would be great

That's an easy solution first of all go to your settings. Then go down all the way to developer settings. And once you're there unselect the option that says "strict mode" and that will solve your problem :)

Reactions: jimbojimshorts
Upvote 0
That's an easy solution first of all go to your settings. Then go down all the way to developer settings. And once you're there unselect the option that says "strict mode" and that will solve your problem :)

Ok that solved say 95% of it. Now from what i can tell it only does the flashing when selecting gallery or an item in gallery. In fact it seems to have made it worse there but fixed the rest of the phone

Upvote 0
Ok that solved say 95% of it. Now from what i can tell it only does the flashing when selecting gallery or an item in gallery. In fact it seems to have made it worse there but fixed the rest of the phone

Ohh really? Did you check all of your developer settings? Make sure none of them are out of place, just make sure nothing else is checked.

Reactions: jimbojimshorts
Upvote 0
Ohh really? Did you check all of your developer settings? Make sure none of them are out of place, just make sure nothing else is checked.
yes I checked all developer settings and nothing was checked. I think I found the problem. I downloaded an app called root app delete. I like it because you can blindly delete apps or disable them and see how it does. plus its free ish. I disabled all the "safe to remove " apps from the guide in this forum. today I deleted those apps did cache clean etc then rebooted. after it came back on the phone automatically re downloaded 3 of the apps the guide said I could delete. heres the thing with thode three apps. all google. I left them be and red flashing is gone. fyi? since I rooted and got rid of bloat ware? phone is fast,,,,,stupid fast lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones