• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooting new Samsung Galaxy S

yep if you want to know about rooting your phone or future phone, i always head over to xda. it is a developers forum where the developers from around the world hang out and publish their wares. i always will look at the device forum of my future phone. i will look for first if there is a forum for the device. next i will look to see how active it is. if you have developers supporting your device then you are good to go.

a rule of thumb for me is no devs=no fun

so follow the link dannydet provide. i would read as much as you can there. and just from reading a few threads and from what i know, Samsung makes it super hard to root their devices. you are lucky that you have the exynos chip. here in the US only the snapdragon chip is sold and their is no root for those devices. this dates back to the note 8 which is what i have right now!!!!!!!!!!!!

so read the op here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s10/development/magisk-root-galaxy-s10-series-t3918699

and here is the last post in that thread that has the instructions on how to root:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79930522&postcount=1187

but before you do anything please read, read, read, and then read some more. ask questions here if you have any as well.

and one last thing if you do root the device and install TWRP recovery.......please make a android backuo first before making any changes to your phone. a nandroid bacxkup is like a save point in a video game. it is a complete snapshot of your phone including all of its data. if something goes wrong or you do not like something you did, you can always restore back using a nandroid backup....and your phone will ne like nothing ever happened.

and one last thing......take your time. there is no rush........and don't panic

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones