• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting on x64 Vista

Hi all,

Just looking for some help. I'm trying to root my Samsung Galaxy, currently looking at the AndroidWorld EasyRoot rooting guide, and I'm stuck on the initial stages. I've got the SDK downloaded and I'm trying to get ADB working. This involves installing the driver so that USB debugging works...but I can't find the driver anywhere.

I'm running Vista x64 Ultimate so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be most appreciated :)

Having some problems right now installing the drivers when my device is in fastboot mode. Not only does the fastboot mode fly by (stays only for something like 10, 15 seconds), but it also prompts me to install the drivers for 'Android 1.0'. Even if I get enough time to point it to the USB drivers in the SDK or the ones in the folder I've downloaded from the guide, Vista still doesn't seem to find the drivers.

Anyone else got this problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones