1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting Questions for Samsung Infuse 4g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Esteban Andres, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Esteban Andres

I just got a Samsung Infuse, and I bought Grand Theft Auto 3 10 year edition. The game plays well but sometime it lags, and freezes. Can I fix this by rooting my phone? Perhaps by making it run it better and smother? If yes, how? What do I need to download or do?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Android Expert

Rooting won't solve this issue. I think it's the app itself. If you look at Market reviews, most of the complaints are about lag and freezing.

Esteban Andres likes this.
  3. Esteban Andres

Oh okay I see, well thanks I thought that by rooting the phone and have better cpu usage I could have fixed the problem. I guess they just need to update it to fix the bugs and lags.

4. Ryanscool

Ryanscool Android Enthusiast

If you root, install a custom rom (maybe), and/or installing a overclock kernel (def) would fix this.

5. Lanky

Lanky Member

TOTALLY!!! I use Voltage Control, and have my CPU overclocked at 1600 mhz. I have no lag at all, but I don't play video games on my Infuse. Maybe it will help somewhat. If you don't have VC, it is available for free on the market.

6. oreo918

oreo918 Newbie

I rooted my phone and flashed Zeus build 6 rom. To my Samsung infuse (at&t) 4g sgh-i997 and I love it. Its just I am having to recover my phone from a backup once a day. My screen will just turn off and not come back on. I reboot and get stuck either unlocking my sim card or swiping past the unlock screen. It will freeze or something. I just know that I have to try atleast 2x before getting my phone to boot into cwd so I can run the backup from recovery. Any suggestions on how to fix this

7. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

I agree with others. Rooting will help speed up your phone in a number of ways:
    overclock capability
    custom rom which include voodoo lagfix
    the ability to get rid of bloatware

Samsung Infuse 4G Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews