• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rsd lite help

kxkid

Lurker
Sep 22, 2010
Ok I have searched the net been on droid fourms and still have not been helped. I keep getting , failed flashing process. failed flashing process. phone{0000}: phone did not re-enumerate after ram-downloader was sent. {0x703E}; phone disconnected. PLEASE HELP I AM sending the phone back to VZW tomorrow afternoon AZ TIME.

Why are you flashing? Did you install a custom rom or uninstall bloat?

Also, there are many posts in the root section that cover RSD lite (where this post belongs).

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ide-root-unroot-backup-rom-sbf-overclock.html

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ing-custom-rom-theme-how-unbrick-droid-x.html

SBF is usually done when you're in a bootloop or other issue preventing use of your phone. If you don't have this issue, you might just flash this file: maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip

Be careful and follow the directions. You might have to factory reset after if you have issues.

O/W if you're stock, you can factory reset from a menu. (My guess is you're rooted.)

Upvote 0
Noob here with addictive personality... Maybe I shouldnt have even messed with the phone, but alas, here I am.

I installed the leaked froyo a while back then a couple weeks ago I decided to run the maderstcok.zip to bring me back in line with OTA updates. I was running Koush's Bootstrap until I did the maderstcok update which seemed to kill the bootstrap. The only other thing I did in there was install a theme that gave me the black notification bar, no roms or anything else was messed with, and I never got rid of any bloatware, I did hide some bolatware a while ago using launcherpro.

Last week I got all itchy and used z4root to root the phone and downloaded Liberty 1.5 and tried to install the zip file. It hung up on the Liberty screen with the turning eagle looking icon. Now all it would do is go to that liberty bootloop or, if I hold the home button and power on I get into bootloader 30.04, with error message xx,xx,xx,00,00,2f (something like that, dont have phone with me here at work.)

So last night I fired up my old P3 windows xp laptop, (I am a mac user) and downloaded the drivers, the full SBF .32 (Happy Holidays) and RSD Lite 4.9. Everything was working well initially till I got to this re-enumeration thing, then it failed same error message as the OP above. I wonder if my old laptop is just not up to the task, not sure what to do next. Tried to run the RSD Lite a few times, and each time same result.

Help Please, I dont even know my parents phone numbers without that thing up and running......

Upvote 0
It's difficult to help w/o knowing the exact error message.

Since you were on .340 prior to the problem, flashing with .32 or preferably with .340 should fix it. There is one error where the fix is to rename the sbf file by adding characters to make the file name longer, but w/o the exact error it's hard to tell.

When you get a chance, try again and get us the exact error message while downloading the full .340 (new) and reflash with that.

You have seen the sbf directions here, right?

Upvote 0
Well holding the power and home button sent me straight to the bootloader screen, where I had the error.

Good news, sbf'd with the .340 and I am up and running

Bad news, I am going straight back to the Liberty attempt, no reason, just want to try it.

Hopefully it works better this time.....

Colchiro, Thanks many times for your efforts and your time, I really appreciate it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones