• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Run S3 in charge without battery, possible?

Crossxup

Lurker
Sep 20, 2012
Hello,

Im using the North American S3. I had a GNex before from my work and I was able to remove the battery, plug the phone in, and turn on the phone without the battery installed.

My implications for this would be to stream a sports game from my phone onto a tv, Id like to have the phone in the charge but the battery removed.

Does anyone know of a way to make the S3 do this?

Thanks all

Sorry just realized wrong forum.

Hello,

Im using the North American S3. I had a GNex before from my work and I was able to remove the battery, plug the phone in, and turn on the phone without the battery installed.

My implications for this would be to stream a sports game from my phone onto a tv, Id like to have the phone in the charge but the battery removed.

Does anyone know of a way to make the S3 do this?

Thanks all

Sorry just realized wrong forum.

I don't believe it's possible. The phone runs exclusively on the battery, and the charger works only to charge the battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones