• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Running KitKat - Internal Memory Incorrect

So I'm running SuperR's Deodexed version of Kit Kat, and am experiencing an issue my internal (application) memory is reporting as full, even though 'Storage' says there's clearly enough.

For instance, the graph will show that I should have over 1.5GB available, however the 'Available' space only shows 135MB available, and this is just after installing one or two small (<10MB) applications.

I tried a factory reset, space shows normal, but then after just installing an application it drains back out.

I have flashed SuperR's TB fix.

At this point I'm unable to install more than 2 (at most 3) applications before it reports 'insufficient space'. Also, I flashed the TB fix after I did first boot, and began to setup the phone. Should this be flashed at the time of flashing to ROM?

Any other ideas on what is causing this?

Thanks for all your help!

So I'm running SuperR's Deodexed version of Kit Kat, and am experiencing an issue my internal (application) memory is reporting as full, even though 'Storage' says there's clearly enough.

For instance, the graph will show that I should have over 1.5GB available, however the 'Available' space only shows 135MB available, and this is just after installing one or two small (<10MB) applications.

I tried a factory reset, space shows normal, but then after just installing an application it drains back out.

I have flashed SuperR's TB fix.

At this point I'm unable to install more than 2 (at most 3) applications before it reports 'insufficient space'. Also, I flashed the TB fix after I did first boot, and began to setup the phone. Should this be flashed at the time of flashing to ROM?

Any other ideas on what is causing this?

Thanks for all your help!
Please let me know what the fix is for this problem cause I am experiencing the same issue ! I went back to jb 4.1.2 but I did have the problem licked with link2sd but I had to go mess up a good thing now I am back to square 1.I do know this with my phone after my first boot from a fresh install every works fine internal memory not greyed out and registering correctly.Download all the apps you want, no problem but after that first reboot for whatever reason (xposed module,app firewall) whatever... thats when it all goes south, after first reboot I dont have enough memory to update system apps, phone was inoperable so for the time being I will stick with jb. PS I will try a new external sdcard and let you know what happen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones