• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Russian keyboard application

Hello,
I got my first android smartphone about a month ago, and I like it.
The only problem I have with my Samsung Galaxy Stellar is Cyrillic(Russian) keyboard. I am originally from Russia and use both English and Russian in my emails. Russian is not included to the Language list on the phone.
I can read Russian language emails, but I cannot answer. I tried several free Russian keyboard apps from Google play store, but none of them worked on my phone. I can install it, adjust settings, but there is no way to switch from English keyboard to Russian when I type email.
Tried to Google this problem, but haven't found any solution.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Newokho,

If you are still struggling with that problem, I suggest you try MessagEase keyboard, which does have Russian support (you have to go to the setting of MessagEase > Languages & Keyboards and Add a Cyrillic keyboard). There is also word prediction support.

But, be warned that MessagEase is NOT QWERTY based. It's based on a very innovative (and patented) technology that works very well on touch screen (most people who are using it say much, much better) then QWERTY.

Like any new technology, it takes a bit to get used to this, but once you do, you'd fly.

(You can also reprogram MessagEase's keys to replace most characters with whatever you want.)

MessagEase is available for free on Android's Google Play.

Reactions: newokho
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones