• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S Health alternative?

thecarlsoncrew

Sep 29, 2010
I'm still playing with all of the new functionality on my GS5. I tried to go into the S Health app today, but came across a couple of notification screens. One was the usual boilerplate about using S Health as a part of a program monitored by a doctor, blah blah blah. Fine, whatever. The second one, however, was a show stopper for me - in order to proceed, I had to agree with allowing Samsung access to all of my health tracking data. No thanks!

However, I would still like to experiment with the heart rate monitor and other health-related features on the phone if possible. Has anyone yet developed a way around the software in order to access the hardware, or are we going to have to wait for root (I have Verizon) before we can do that?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones