• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S III 4g LTE Battery Life

Anyone here can report how long batteyr life is with 4g LTE? Can it last a workday with moderate use? (8 hours)
Battery life can vary considerably, depending on multiple factors.

But as a general sort of thing, yes, it ought to last a workday with moderate use. Depending on how one defines "moderate," it could even last well into a second workday.

Just the same, I'm picking up a spare battery. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Besides, it was the removable battery that was a non-trivial factor in getting me to pick the S3 over the HTC EVO 4G LTE. (But it wasn't the only factor.)
--
Michael

Upvote 0
I have gotten 14 hours of battery life for the past 3 days. I have the power saving features on, but i feel i have been using it pretty heavily.

To give an idea today I haven't been using it much(a few phone calls, texts, emails) and I am at 79% after 10.5 hours.

I am fairly satisfied with the battery life and suspect there is even more room for improvement.

Upvote 0
I have gotten 14 hours of battery life for the past 3 days. I have the power saving features on, but i feel i have been using it pretty heavily.

To give an idea today I haven't been using it much(a few phone calls, texts, emails) and I am at 79% after 10.5 hours.

I am fairly satisfied with the battery life and suspect there is even more room for improvement.

Welcome to the forums!! I like what I'm hearing about battery life!!

Upvote 0
I'm looking to buy an extra batter too, but am worried about the NFC not working since the antenna is in the battery. Anyone know how to tell if these batteries online have the NFC antenna in them or not?

I don't much care about NFC, but doubtless we'll eventually (soon) start seeing aftermarket batteries for the phone that claim to be "NFC capable," and probably some of them will be. Then the "extra high capacity" "NFC capable" batteries will start turning up.

I mean, the S3 has already sold in huge numbers, and it's offered by all the major carriers. It's a given that eBay, amazon, and all the other usual sources will wind up having countless S3 accessories for sale, and batteries won't be any exception to this.

I'm sure there will be buzz here about the particularly good batteries, and the ones to avoid, so it shouldn't be too hard deciding which to buy.
--
Michael

Upvote 0
**I have gotten 14 hours of battery life for the past 3 days. I have the power saving features on, but i feel i have been using it pretty heavily.

I am fairly satisfied with the battery life and suspect there is even more room for improvement**

Can i just ask you how? I have had my samsung s3 lte 4g for little over a week and I am finding battery usage is atrocious! Today i removed the phone from charging at 7:30...its now 15:00 and my battery is at 60%, from a 100percent! Can I ask you how AND what must I switch off in the background to get this battery life!? I'm really struggling because I have power saver mode enabled also! Help required thanks!

Hi btw I'm Jordan :) first samsung s series phone. Iv had iPhones and blackberrys in the past!

Upvote 0
Battery life for me since the update to JB is less than ICS and the battery bleed while in sleep mode is twice as bad. Android has an issue with sleep mode and battery in general, but worse now.

I do not think 4g usage is the problem. A poor 3g radio and sleep mode issues are for me. Still like the device and had since launch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones