• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S Voice Command

Funderbolt

May 12, 2011
Va
Seriously, is this working for anyone? I'm new to Samsung phones, but when this comes on I can't get passed the point where "Dial <name>" gives me a like of names. This list always has people with a common name like "John" or something. It asks you to be more specific. Well how more specific than giving a first and last name can you be? Voice dialing on this phone sucks. It comes on in conjunction with my Jawbone bluetooth ear-mic.

:thinking:

Try disabling S Voice and using the Google VR program.

This was my solution, primarily because S Voice will not dial through bluetooth if the phone is PIN locked. The dialog goes on a bit, but it always seems to work.

How do you do that?

Settings/More/Application Manager. Then slide over to "All" then find S Voice in the list and hit "Turn Off." It will then show up on the "Turned Off" list.

Reactions: Funderbolt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones