1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S Voice Command

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Funderbolt, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

Seriously, is this working for anyone? I'm new to Samsung phones, but when this comes on I can't get passed the point where "Dial <name>" gives me a like of names. This list always has people with a common name like "John" or something. It asks you to be more specific. Well how more specific than giving a first and last name can you be? Voice dialing on this phone sucks. It comes on in conjunction with my Jawbone bluetooth ear-mic.

:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

Try disabling S Voice and using the Google VR program.

3. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Try something like "Call John cell" (We Brits would say mobile), your problem only occurs for me if I have more than one phone number for a contact.

4. allanlaw

allanlaw Android Enthusiast

This was my solution, primarily because S Voice will not dial through bluetooth if the phone is PIN locked. The dialog goes on a bit, but it always seems to work.

5. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

How do you do that?

6. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

Settings/More/Application Manager. Then slide over to "All" then find S Voice in the list and hit "Turn Off." It will then show up on the "Turned Off" list.

Funderbolt likes this.
  7. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Android Expert

There is another thread similar to this topic and the instructions to remap the double tap on the home key. Here is a link to the thread. Worked great to reassign Google to the Home double tap.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews