• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

s2 roms and cwm compatability

class37s

Lurker
Nov 26, 2011
uk
Hi, hope someone can help me, as Im having a bit of an issue with roms and cwm recovery on my s2 international version.

Ok, Im running android 4.0.3 baseband i9100uhms1 kernel xwlp7cl340913

I backed up this rom to sd card using cwm recovery 5.0.2.7.

I decided to give jellybean a try (4.1.2) VJMS4_I9100ZTAMS4_ZTA and I have flashed the jeboo kernel i9100 v1-2a to this rom and rooted it. the cwm version with this kernel is 6.0.2.7. Once I had set up this rom I backed it up to sd card also using cwm.

No problems so far. But - and this is my issue.

When I am running jb 4.1.2, cwm 6.0.2.7 will happily restore the 4.0.3 rom to the phone without issue, but when im running 4.0.3 android, cwm 5.0.2.7 will not restore the jellybean backup as it gives an error restoring system so I have to restore 4.0.3 to get an os back again.

I assume the problem is that cwm 5.0.2.7 is not liking the jellybean rom in some way.

Is there a kernel that I can use on my 4.0.3 android rom that will support cwm 6.0.2.7?

Could is use the aforementioned jeboo kernel with my 4.0.3 rom or wouldnt that work?

I dont want to brick my beloved s2 and would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones