1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root S2E Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adhityaps, Oct 31, 2011.

1. adhityaps

adhityaps Newbie
    None

Oct 22, 2011
    Hi,
    anyone experienced with S2E? I had CM7 and tried to follow some threads on xda's but nothing happen. Internal still the old 150Mb.
    actually I also seek for some opinions about it, because the review about it is almost equally up and down.

thanks
    Adhitya

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Internal will be reported as 148MB with any a2sd+ solution using an ext partition - it's the same with scripts like DarkTremor. That doesn't mean it isn't working.

Install Quick System Info from the market and see how much a2sd storage you have and how much is being used. That will tell you. You could also look at the information on the front page of Ti Backup (bottom of the screen). What you want is the a2sd/ext size to match your partition and some reasonable amount of it to be in use - if those conditions are met, then it's working.

3. williamj1

williamj1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 11, 2010
    UK
    It's also worth noting that S2E doesn't actually do anything by just installing the application.

You need to open the app and ensure applications and davlik cache are ticked for it to work properly.

I've got roughly 100 applications in total on the phone, and still have 72.24mb free internal memory.

4. adhityaps

adhityaps Newbie
    None

Oct 22, 2011
    can you give me a step by step on it? since there's not much to find. Need guidance from the partition thingy if you dont mind.

5. downgrade

downgrade Newbie
    None

Oct 27, 2011
    I am new to this whole thing like you I only just rooted by HTC after 9 months out of laziness. I have S2E installed and I must say it is working great I have not any probs and similar to williamj1 I have a more apps than I will ever use on the phone.

Backup your SD card data to PC before start partitioning. (CREATE A BACKUP AND HOOK UP USB AND COPY FILE ON PC, you will need it later)
    Boot into recovery
    In ClockworkMod Recovery go down to

6. adhityaps

adhityaps Newbie
    None

Oct 22, 2011

7. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Android Expert
    None

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    this should be in root section

8. williamj1

williamj1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 11, 2010
    UK
    Have you successfully partitioned?

9. adhityaps

adhityaps Newbie
    None

Oct 22, 2011
    Yes I have. I also checked with Ti backup, and there's a2sd/ext bar in the bottom screen. but since then, my android market is awfully wrong (cannot download apps, force close all the time. tried cleared cache, language switch and all, but force close still there).
    Plus, the available space-meter on internal storage goes weird, showing -200MB or something.

I think i did something wrong about it, so I wipe all data user and my phone back to its original CM7. Its all normal again with desire's very few spaces for application. The main thing I rooted my phone was so i can have more room for application, but now im rooted, i still face the same problem. any help and guidance would be appreciated

10. downgrade

downgrade Newbie
    None

Oct 27, 2011
    Try the process again, I didn't wipe as the partition effectively formats the card. I lost everything but having taken a backup on the PC I simply copied over. Make sure the SWAP is 0! My market also went wild but then again I am in China and they hate Google!!! Try downloading a market alternative or login and install apps from google on your PC, works much faster for me

Tags: