• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S4, gmail not picking up new email

AmigaFun

Lurker
Jan 2, 2012
Hi all

I have had the S4 for about 2 weeks now, and updated it to Android 4.2.2. It's not rooted or anything, and is on the Three network in UK.

Previously I had an S2 on O2 that when I was sent an email on gmail it would be picked up within a few seconds as a new message. It was really good, in so far as on my ipad the message would come up on that and then on to my S2.

But now on the S4 it is sporadic. It does not always do this, once in a while it might pick the email up by itself but other times it won't. In fact even refreshing it does not pick up the new email. To my knowledge it has the latest ( and in my view, weird) gmail application.

Any ideas?. Sync settings are on, and auto sync data is on in data usage.

Thanks

Hi all

I have had the S4 for about 2 weeks now, and updated it to Android 4.2.2. It's not rooted or anything, and is on the Three network in UK.

Previously I had an S2 on O2 that when I was sent an email on gmail it would be picked up within a few seconds as a new message. It was really good, in so far as on my ipad the message would come up on that and then on to my S2.

But now on the S4 it is sporadic. It does not always do this, once in a while it might pick the email up by itself but other times it won't. In fact even refreshing it does not pick up the new email. To my knowledge it has the latest ( and in my view, weird) gmail application.

Any ideas?. Sync settings are on, and auto sync data is on in data usage.

Thanks

The new gmail puts your Emails in different buckets - Primary, Social, Promotion, forums etc. By default, you get notified about Emails that come into your primary. You can see your other Emails by navigating to that folder. I suspect you can change the settings to notify you of every Email too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones