• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S4 not reading SD card

tim1989

Sep 5, 2011
Hi everyone. I wondered if anyone could help me please?

About 30 mins ago my phone decided it would reboot its self for no apparent reason. When it booted back up some of my apps were not available as they are stored on the card. Also any photos stored there are not available.

I have tried rebooting, doing a battery pull, removing and reinserting the card but still nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Same problem... S4 suddenly stopped seeing the SD card. Card checked out fine on PC. Card was seated fine. Had a Lexar 64g (because, sorry to disagree NY) my music and pictures put are more than 32g. Bought a new SanDisk 64g card and SR recognized it. I formatted it in the S4, copied contents of old card onto PC and copied onto new card. All is good (for now).

Upvote 0
I have a similar problem today. Only had my S4 for about 3 weeks. Woke up and spotted the SD card has been removed message in the notification bar. I coulnd't remount the card from the settings so I rebooted the phone but still it shows as Mount SD card / insert SD card in the settings under stoarage. I turned the phone off removed the card, put it back in and restarted the phone but still the same issue. I have tried 2 other SD cards and both get the same problem so it's not card problem.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones