1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

s4 speed up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hilux, Dec 17, 2013.

1. hilux

hilux Member

Hi all,does anyone know how to seep up my s4 I have read it in here somewhere where you went into the phones settings and changed some numbers to seed it up but I cant fined it any help would be good

many thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

About the best thing you can do is turn off many of the Samsung features that use sensors if you don't use the particular feature (e.g. Air View, Air Gesture, Smart Pause, etc.) The only ones I use are Smart Stay and Multi-Window.

You can find most of them them by swiping down from the top of the screen and hitting the four squares at the top right, next to the settings icon.

3. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Android Enthusiast

If you are talking about speeding up animations and transitions the settings for them are under More>Developer options. You will see them there under the drawing section and they are called window animation scale, transition animation scale & animator scale.

4. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Android Expert

Yes, but the last one is actually Animator duration scale. Also, be aware that if you are on AT&T and have taken the Android 4.3 update, it contains a bug which resets Transition animation scale to the default 1.0 every time you open the Camera app.

5. speedlever

speedlever Android Enthusiast

You are so right. I just checked mine and verified the TA scale is being reset, just as you said. I've had mine set to 0.5. I set them all to 0, turned on the camera, and the TA scale is back to 1.

I don't notice any difference whether those settings are 0, 0.5 or 1.0, so I think I'll just set them all at 1.0.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews