1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General S6 Edge slow to charge all of a sudden

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BradZ_09, Mar 22, 2016.

1. BradZ_09

BradZ_09 Lurker
    None

Nov 25, 2015
    Male
    Apologies for not using the search bar but it only flashes and then disappears leaving me no time to write in it :/

So yeah my s6 edge has recently become extremely slow to charge, even with the wall socket fast charger, although its marginally better that way. I use a portable powerbank during the day, with a 2.1a output and its been fine for 6 months or more. I use a new cord too, although its a brand I haven't used before and was extremely cheap so perhaps that's the issue in itself but I'm not sure.

I'll try another cord tonight and see but i have a bad feeling its the phone itself.. it gets used a LOT so im worried my battery is on its way out. It does hold charge alright though, plus the phone isn't even a year old yet.

Any advice would be great. I've already cleaned and uninstalled a lot of apps but it's still crap. Even as I write this, its been on 44% battery whilst charging for the past 20 mins.

Thanks guys.

Advertisement

2. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest
    None
    If you have just got the MM update you will need to re-enable fast charging. Settings>battery (bottom of screen). Hopefully that helps

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    What does battery usage show? Is there an app or process that's using an inordinate amount of power? Try charging your phone while off to see if it charges faster. That will kind of tell us if it's hardware or firmware related.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge was released in 2015, and offered a curved display versus the standard flat panel found in the standard Galaxy S6. The device features a 5.1-inch display, 3GB of RAM, up to 128GB of storage, and a 16MP rear-facing camera.