• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S6 Edge slow to charge all of a sudden

BradZ_09

Lurker
Nov 25, 2015
Apologies for not using the search bar but it only flashes and then disappears leaving me no time to write in it :/

So yeah my s6 edge has recently become extremely slow to charge, even with the wall socket fast charger, although its marginally better that way. I use a portable powerbank during the day, with a 2.1a output and its been fine for 6 months or more. I use a new cord too, although its a brand I haven't used before and was extremely cheap so perhaps that's the issue in itself but I'm not sure.

I'll try another cord tonight and see but i have a bad feeling its the phone itself.. it gets used a LOT so im worried my battery is on its way out. It does hold charge alright though, plus the phone isn't even a year old yet.

Any advice would be great. I've already cleaned and uninstalled a lot of apps but it's still crap. Even as I write this, its been on 44% battery whilst charging for the past 20 mins.

Thanks guys.

Even as I write this, its been on 44% battery whilst charging for the past 20 mins.

What does battery usage show? Is there an app or process that's using an inordinate amount of power? Try charging your phone while off to see if it charges faster. That will kind of tell us if it's hardware or firmware related.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones