• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 - can all Exynos models do tethering, WIFI hotspot, etc?

peterh337

Android Enthusiast
Mar 24, 2015
I plan to get one on Amazon.co.uk but the other buyers there report that the phones are not as described e.g. "UK model" but comes from Italy with a European charger (hardly an issue!) and I wonder what else might be crippled on a "SIM free" S7?

AFAIK the one thing I really must verify is the CPU (not Qualcomm because that can't be rooted) but beyond that all S7s should be identical IF they are SIM-free - correct?

Nowadays the phones have the capability to use SIM card resident data to enable/disable some Settings items. Iphones have had this for years; for example some carrier SIMs disable the APN menu in Settings, and the solution is to download a stupid app which configures the APN for you! I don't want any of this.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones