1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

S7 - can all Exynos models do tethering, WIFI hotspot, etc?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by peterh337, Apr 7, 2016.

1. peterh337

peterh337 Android Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2015
    Male
    I plan to get one on Amazon.co.uk but the other buyers there report that the phones are not as described e.g. "UK model" but comes from Italy with a European charger (hardly an issue!) and I wonder what else might be crippled on a "SIM free" S7?

AFAIK the one thing I really must verify is the CPU (not Qualcomm because that can't be rooted) but beyond that all S7s should be identical IF they are SIM-free - correct?

Nowadays the phones have the capability to use SIM card resident data to enable/disable some Settings items. Iphones have had this for years; for example some carrier SIMs disable the APN menu in Settings, and the solution is to download a stupid app which configures the APN for you! I don't want any of this.

Advertisement

2. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest
    None
    You won't have issues setting up the device in terms of APN settings but you do need to check the phone supports UK frequencies. You can check that out here http://willmyphonework.net/
    I can't answer your second paragraph as I haven't researched it

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.