• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Salutations!

Ive had my EVO for about 3 months now and Im soooo happy I held and didnt go with that popular pretentious phone. Im here to research rooting and if there are any other benefits other than tethering (which I have found already).

About me: Im a techie, with some programming skills, quite a bit of linux but by no means a guru, and my previous phone was a BB Curve 8330.

My Apps:
SMS: Handcent
Security: Lookout
Music: Player Pro / Pandora
Games: Alchemy / Cestos2 / Robo Defense
Other: DirectTV / Calorie Counter / ConnectBot

Im pro security which means I hate facebook and for that matter most big business. I want to root my phone in order to remove the useless apps and it lets me feel like Im sticking it to the man!

Currently on my mind: Music Downloader Pro: I cant believe this actually works! Im not into free music when it can legally be purchased at mp3sparks.com for ten cents a song...either way, I guess I should delete it before the cops come knocking.

Anyway, Look forward to meeting and learning from everyone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones