• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Admire software update TO 2.36 Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found another way to get into the android market from a desktop computer. Once log in you'll see all the apps you downloaded. If you want the app you can select it and have it remotely send to your phone. Bad thing about this it is the manual method , and their is no quick way to update your apps.
i tried, saddly the problem with this is the fact that some if not most of us aren't able to run the market because of the update, so yes we can do this but when we go to pushing the apps to our phones, most of our phones don't appear on the known list of the phones linked to that google account. Y_Y also is anyone else not getting picture messenging support?

Upvote 0
I think the problem is with the MetroPCS data connection, it does not exist in that update. From what I heard the Android market would not let you connect to it if it is Wifi Only you need to have a carrier data connection with it.

I tried to write the latest PRL but did not work.

Added Notes:

Strange part is that if you go to the Samsung site:

Category(Cell Phones)---> Sub-Category(Metro PCS)--->Model Name(SCH-R720)

you will find the update there (that is Android 2.3.6)

Upvote 0
I think the problem is with the MetroPCS data connection, it does not exist in that update. From what I heard the Android market would not let you connect to it if it is Wifi Only you need to have a carrier data connection with it.

I tried to write the latest PRL but did not work.

Added Notes:

Strange part is that if you go to the Samsung site:

Category(Cell Phones)---> Sub-Category(Metro PCS)--->Model Name(SCH-R720)

you will find the update there (that is Android 2.3.6)

yeah and i told them about that pretty much and sad to say they really really didn't know what i was talking about. tho i explained everything Y_Y meh

Upvote 0
Do Not Attemp To Flash This Update, I Manage To Try This On One Of My Test Phones And Wasted Over 8 Hours Trying To Get It Back Working, But It Was A No Go.

So until a recovery is made for this phone, there's no way to turn back, Sorry all i couldn't be much of a help, i tried everything, even tried to install recovery, but this thing cant even be rooted.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones