• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Charge Alarm Keeps Failing

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I use my Samsung Charge (model: SCH-I510) through Verizon Wireless as a daily alarm. Lately my alarm has been randomly failing to go off in the morning. I double check that everything is set properly the night before and it even confirms that the alarm will go off in "x" hours, and "y" minutes.

Last Friday my alarm failed because my phone went into a "dead mode" where the screen was frozen to show the time at 6:36am (it was actually 7:19am), but the entire phone was unresponsive; no buttons, keys, or screen worked. I had to pull the battery pack to get it to reboot.

This morning the phone was completely responsive, but the alarm failed even after I checked everything the night before. I even set an alarm for 1 minute ahead just to test that the alarm was working; it did. This isssue has happened while in it's docking station and while directly plugged into the charger. It's not mutually exclusive to one situation.

Any thoughts?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones