• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Continium - Newer features???

i also think it is shaping up to be like the LG Ally of the next round of phones, sort of like the LG enV Touch 2...the enV Touch was top of the line when i got it....or pretty close anyways....then along came Android phones....the LG Ally was the budget Android device....now the LG enV Touch 2 and the Samsung Continuum will be the new low end devices coming standard with 1Ghz CPU's but smaller screens and less memory, etc....

Upvote 0
Continuum is to Fascinate as Pixi is to Pre :D

It has got to be hell to type on that screen especially landscape since the main screen is offset quite a bit. After seeing it next to the Fascinate I am glad it was not released first. How many of yall would have been pissed if you bought this and then the fascinate came out with its sexy 4 incher? ;)

Upvote 0

It has got to be hell to type on that screen especially landscape since the main screen is offset quite a bit. After seeing it next to the Fascinate I am glad it was not released first. How many of yall would have been pissed if you bought this and then the fascinate came out with its sexy 4 incher? ;)
Agreed. Of course until today I knew nothing about this Continuum until today. I knew about the Fascinate months before it hit. Not a lot of Marketing behind this SC

Upvote 0

Thats a great point about typing - I bet your hands would get in the way or hit that little screen

Upvote 0
Here's what I don't get about the Continuum. All of the blogs are talking about how the little mini-screen will save battery life by displaying info without having to turn on the main screen. It's kind of a cool idea -- supposedly the mini-screen turns on automatically whenever the phone is being handled.

Thing is, with a Super AMOLED display, couldn't you just display a little banner at the bottom of the regular screen and accomplish exactly the same thing? Black pixels are off and draw no power. So theoretically someone could write an app that gives the Fascinate the same functionality and the same battery advantages. I see no reason why there needs to be a second, separate display.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones