• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Experience Warranty (Level 2) at Best Buy

drexappeal

Extreme Android User
Apr 8, 2010
West LA, CA
What's up guys. I had to share a tidbit about my recent experience. I noticed that there was black dot on my Front Facing Camera. I read that for circumstances like that, many people had discovered that it was a microscopic piece of lint stuck inside the lens. When I brought it to the Samsung Experience store by my house, they said that I can take it to a "Level 2" (or something to that extent) Samsung Experience location (only one in Los Angeles) and they can do warranty repairs, without the hassle of me having ot send my phone in to Samsung. So, I went over today, to see if they can check out the phone and fix under warranty.

Next thing I know, after asking me a few preliminary questions, they said that a replacement would be in by Tuesday/Wednesday. So, I'm getting a replacement for my Note 3, cuz of the FFC issue...no hassle, no problem.

The Samsung Experience location near my house said that the program was being discontinued soon, but not sure why. I never knew that Samsung Experience could handle warranty claims, so for those of you that have to file for any warranty issues, might want to check your local Best Buy/Samsung Experience.

Bumping up this thread for an update.

Got my replacement Note 3. Looks brand spanking new (possibly re-furb, but I don't care since it works perfectly fine and no issues with the Front facing camera.

That said, the bad news is that, I was told that Samsung discontinued the in-store warranty service at all Samsung Experience stores. The store I went to in Los Angeles (Hawthorne) was a trial store. If it had gone well there, then Samsung would've made this available at all locations.

Quite honestly, I think Samsung was just scared that they'd lose more money by offering a warranty service his easy/convenient. As much as they want to emulate Apple, no way they can accomplish that by discontinuing. Guess I got lucky that I went in, prior to the program being discontinued.

Nonetheless, I'm very very happy with my replacement (not that I wasn't happy with my original anyway). Only bad part is, My Backup Pro didn't save my data like I needed it to, so restoring my app settings took a little longer than expected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones